Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me figure out what I need

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:38 pm
And how much of everything.
I work 4 days a week, have a few young kids, not many events /simchos but they do crop up once in a while. I don’t go to shul (because
I have little kids).

Comfy Shabbos/yom tov (the longer skirt style that’s in nowadays)
Short dress or outfit fit that can be worn to a simcha
Black weekday skirt
Colored weekday skirt
Weekday tops
Chilled clothing for inside house

Thanks!!!

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:40 pm
You need 8 outfits to cover 2 weeks of work clothes (can be mix and match with just a few skirts). Minimum would be 1 week of clothes, but 2 weeks is standard. I work 5 days a way so I need 10.

I keep 2 tunics and 2 long stretch skirts that I keep washing for the house. I also wear 4 nightshirts to sleep that are good for around the house.

2-3 comfy shabbos outfits depending on your needs.

1-2 simcha outfits depending on how often you go out.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:43 pm
funny because I just tried on a dress in a store and I loved it! it was a little expensive $220..
my husband's brother is getting married so there will be Shabbos Sheva Brachos in november...
I already have two dresses that I got last year so I would be "covered" so to speak...
should I get a third dress? this dress is all yr round..the other two I have are winter (I also have summer dresses)
I feel guilty getting it but maybe it's standard to have more than two dresses (I am usually in a robe a whole Shabbos and I never go to shul)
what do you think?
OP, I totally am with you that it's hard to figure out how much clothing you need and what's an extra!

dankbar

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 3:22 am
You need a 3rd if you have simcha in family, aufruf, wedding, shabbos sheva bruchos, some weekday sheva brachos that you get invited to.
The best time to stock up is by a simcha because then you have an excuse & end up having clothing when you need.
For example you might have 3 simchas in one week even if not anticipated.
Your relative gets engaged, and you go to lchaim, then your neighbor decides to invite you to her grandchild's pidyan hpaben, and your friend invites you to upsherin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics