Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
PSA: I "red" Shidduchim, I had a Yeshua. Thank you Hashem!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 10:35 am
Without going into major detail, I had a family issue and we badly needed a Yeshua.

I was thinking what I can do as a Segula, and I decided to red Shidduchim.

For years I didnt give up and continued plowing away at Shidduchim for others, day and night, without exaggeration, every spare moment of my life (with much success B"H and very little payment to me required).

Then when it was totally unexpected, and I was sort of giving up, Hashem sent me the Yeshua.

Have others seen a Yeshua after redding Shidduchim (the Gzera of our Dor)?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 11:03 am
What a beautiful zchus you undertook. May it continue to bring shefa bracha into your life. Thank you so much for sharing!

imaima

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 11:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Without going into major detail, I had a family issue and we badly needed a Yeshua.

I was thinking what I can do as a Segula, and I decided to red Shidduchim.

For years I didnt give up and continued plowing away at Shidduchim for others, day and night, without exaggeration, every spare moment of my life (with much success B"H and very little payment to me required).

Then when it was totally unexpected, and I was sort of giving up, Hashem sent me the Yeshua.

Have others seen a Yeshua after redding Shidduchim (the Gzera of our Dor)?

No.
I am kinda of wary of that because I think it is a big responsibility and I am not sure I can do a good job.
Cooking for new mothers or smth like that is less nuanced.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 11:52 am
I once had a yeshua after davening, after giving tzedakah, after doing a major chessed....and after boiling spaghetti.

Hashem runs the world in ways that are mysterious and we don't understand. Oh, how badly we want things to "make sense". So when we get a yeshua after we do a mitzva, we like to think that on some level we cracked the code. The obvious problem is that then we'd have to explain why so many have red shidduchim and didn't see a yeshua. We also have to explain why so many seemingly underserving people who never red shidduchim and who will be driving in their cars to McDonalds this yom kippur have all kinds of yeshous.

Ultimately op, bh you got a yeshua. Sorry though. I still don't think we are any closer to figuring out how hashem runs the world.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 12:04 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
I once had a yeshua after davening, after giving tzedakah, after doing a major chessed....and after boiling spaghetti.

Hashem runs the world in ways that are mysterious and we don't understand. Oh, how badly we want things to "make sense". So when we get a yeshua after we do a mitzva, we like to think that on some level we cracked the code. The obvious problem is that then we'd have to explain why so many have red shidduchim and didn't see a yeshua. We also have to explain why so many seemingly underserving people who never red shidduchim and who will be driving in their cars to McDonalds this yom kippur have all kinds of yeshous.

Ultimately op, bh you got a yeshua. Sorry though. I still don't think we are any closer to figuring out how hashem runs the world.

I dont claim to have any more inside information on how Hashem runs the world than anyone else on the face of the earth.

Im also one those who H A T E it when calamities happen and people claim to know the reason.

Im just saying that I think I had an unsual Yeshua after putting in unusual hours and efforts into redding Shidduchim.

Is it coincidental? Very possibly.

Just like no one can prove that my Yeshua came about because of my Mitzvah, they cant prove that my Yeshua did not come about because of my Mitzvah.

Were all trying to please The One Above and all guessing together down here.

I dont claim to know anything for sure.

amother
Zinnia

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 12:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I dont claim to have any more inside information on how Hashem runs the world than anyone else on the face of the earth.

Im also one those who H A T E it when calamities happen and people claim to know the reason.

Im just saying that I think I had an unsual Yeshua after putting in unusual hours and efforts into redding Shidduchim.

Is it coincidental? Very possibly.

Just like no one can prove that my Yeshua came about because of my Mitzvah, they cant prove that my Yeshua did not come about because of my Mitzvah.

Were all trying to please The One Above and all guessing together down here. I never claimed to know anything for sure.

Of course, bh you received a much needed yeshua! But you asked has anyone else received yeshous after redding a shidduch. To me it seems like solving the mystery. Want a yeshua? Red a shidduch.

evaeva

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 12:09 pm
Thanks for the inspiration..... needed a push to redt a shidduch!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 12:21 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
Of course, bh you received a much needed yeshua! But you asked has anyone else received yeshous after redding a shidduch. To me it seems like solving the mystery. Want a yeshua? Red a shidduch.

Believe me, I know nothing for sure. If I were to say I did, Id need a bed at Bellevue.

Although I think there may be some sources saying that there are rewards for this Mitzvah.

Im just asking if others have had a similar experience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational