Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is it me? The place? Or the other parents? Vent
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 2:28 pm
Zehava wrote:
I’m just surprised at the ops surprise is all.
At how she expects a giant playroom of hyper kids of all ages to play nicely and respectfully and not take each other’s toys.

No, she’s surprised that the parents all sit back and let it happen. I personally never go to these places. It’s a zoo with no zookeeper. Not to mention germy and gross.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 2:31 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
No, she’s surprised that the parents all sit back and let it happen. I personally never go to these places. It’s a zoo with no zookeeper. Not to mention germy and gross.

Parents can't always control what their kids do and it's hard to be on top of all kids at all times at such crowded places.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 2:32 pm
Zehava wrote:
Not okay but expected in places like these at peak hours. No one I know would be surprised. If she’s from a different culture that would make more sense.

I'm completely shocked at this attitude. Our responsibility as parents is to make sure our kids behave in all situations. My expectation is that they behave like mentchen and treat other kids nicely or they don't get to go to fun places.

If all parents would feel responsibility for their kids then there would be no such expectations.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 2:33 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
In my neighborhood the kids also knock on each others doors all day uninvited, but I wound be shocked if a stranger did that.

What's wrong with kids knocking on doors??? How does one knock on a door "invited"? Do they need to call you to ask permission to knock on your door? Did a stranger never knock on your door?

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 2:35 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
What's wrong with kids knocking on doors??? How does one knock on a door "invited"? Do they need to call you to ask permission to knock on your door? Did a stranger never knock on your door?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. And strangers do knock on my door for various reasons, but I would be surprised if a strange kid who doesn't live in my neighborhood knocked on my door to play with my kids.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 2:37 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. And strangers do knock on my door for various reasons, but I would be surprised if a strange kid who doesn't live in my neighborhood knocked on my door to play with my kids.

Oh. It happens on my block sometimes as well, a kid that's a guest knocks on our door to ask if we have a kid their age.

Zehava

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 2:40 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:

Exactly! You know it’s a zoo. Everyone here seems to know that. How come she didn’t?

penguin

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 2:53 pm
Haven't read all replies, but it sounds to me like the facility needs to put a limit on how many can be admitted. It's not so pleasant when it's that crowded and how can parents really supervise in such a situation.

Of course management is happy to take in price of admission but if enough people told them we won't be coming if you fill the place so full, maybe they'd listen?

(Or just be smart yourself and find days/times when it's not so crowded?)

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 3:29 pm
I wouldn’t go to such a place. I would only go to places where they group kids by age and only allow a certain amount in and of course watch my kids .

amother
Amaranthus

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 4:35 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Parents can't always control what their kids do and it's hard to be on top of all kids at all times at such crowded places.

You you can’t be on top of your kid in a place like that, you should not go.
The end.

Blessing1

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 5:00 pm
amother [ Amaranthus ] wrote:
You you can’t be on top of your kid in a place like that, you should not go.
The end.

It's not really possible to be on top of kids every single moment at such a place. Many places don't
allow adults on the climbing structures and at a certain age, kids are old enough to run around by themselves.

amother
Lightpink

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 6:30 pm
I really don’t understand the responses here. Even if you feel that you aren’t expected to be watching your kids in these places, you’re really okay with your children acting like that? Anywhere, in any situation? I would be shocked and horrified if my kids acted the way described, even without adult supervision in that exact moment. And no, I’m not naive about my kids.

Zehava

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 7:02 pm
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
I really don’t understand the responses here. Even if you feel that you aren’t expected to be watching your kids in these places, you’re really okay with your children acting like that? Anywhere, in any situation? I would be shocked and horrified if my kids acted the way described, even without adult supervision in that exact moment. And no, I’m not naive about my kids.

Shocked and horrified? Na
My kids aren’t perfect little products in shiny packaging with fully developed pre-frontal cortexes and nervous systems.

imaima

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 4:06 pm
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
I have this all the time in my building. We have a communal play area where there are lots of bikes etc. there is a mom who comes with her kids daily. She just sits on her chair and shmoozes. She could sometimes watch how her kid is literally pushing another kid off a bike or something and just continues with her chatter. She feels that kids need to fight their own battles. That’s how they grow resilient Rolling Eyes . I hate when she’s there because I’m basically busy being mechanich my kids and hers.

Usually those are the mothers whose kids push others off. I feel like they want to remain the good cop and all the other moms should be the bad cop.

amother
Lightpink

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:38 pm
Zehava wrote:
Shocked and horrified? Na
My kids aren’t perfect little products in shiny packaging with fully developed pre-frontal cortexes and nervous systems.

Nope, mine weren’t born this way, they were gifted with proper chinuch.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics