Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Howe caverns. Worth the drive? Anything kosher nearby?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 1:46 am
We live in Brooklyn and are planning to go to monsey tomorrow to swim in a pool we’ve rented through swimply. Thinking of turning it into an overnight vacation. I was planning to stay in a hotel overnight and do something fun on Monday. Howe caverns sounds like something my kids would love and it’s not crazy expensive. I’m just thinking if it’s worth to drive that far and then back all the way to Brooklyn all in the same day? Or maybe we should drive up there after our swim tomorrow so that we only have the drive home on Monday. But if we do we need food. Are there any kosher eateries in the area?
If we do stay in monsey, any fun outdoor ideas for kids ages 4-10?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 10:48 am
Bump

ssspectacular

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 11:17 am
We enjoyed Howe Caverns a lot. Though I don't know how old your kids are or how far it is from Monsey. I don't think there's kosher food anywhere near there.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 11:40 am
ssspectacular wrote:
We enjoyed Howe Caverns a lot. Though I don't know how old your kids are or how far it is from Monsey. I don't think there's kosher food anywhere near there.

Thanks. It’s 2.5 hours from monsey and then another 3.5 hours to get us home to Brooklyn

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 11:44 am
I think it's not too far from Tannersville. Don't know if the Kosher store is still open though but I assume it might be.

sub

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 11:47 am
We went many summers ago. It was a great experience. Take snacks and sandwiches for kunch. You can stop in s fallsburg or monticello for supper. That would break up the trip going home.

amother
Phlox

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 11:50 am
I remember as a kid finding it exceptionally boring but I enjoyed the COLD. But you best know what your family likes

amother
Pear

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 3:25 pm
We found it boring, over rated and expensive. Very expensive.
Just go out to eat in monsey after you swim.
Or maybe find an indoor arcade place or bumper cars.

BetsyTacy

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 3:43 pm
A natural phenomenon like Howe's caverns is not comparable to swimming or arcades, which are not unique to a geographical location. Have you or your family ever been to stalagtite/stalagmite caves? If you've been to many others, then maybe it is not worth the trip, because it is not inexpensive for a family-I just looked at the website.
If you've never been, then I don't think you can compare it to bumper cars.

I enjoy natural wonders, especially if I don't have to work too hard (arduous hiking, long flights) to enjoy them.

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 3:49 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
I remember as a kid finding it exceptionally boring but I enjoyed the COLD. But you best know what your family likes

went as a kid too. just remember the pink stone where someone supposedly got married and the tour guide talking about the big bang theory lol

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 5:07 pm
I think there is K food nearby in Sarstoga Springs
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics