Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ready to try again. Suggestions needed
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 8:20 pm
So im at that point where I want to try again. Any specific plans that really work? How does weight watchers work? Or what abt noom? Saw a vitamin online that people say also works but im scared to take anything if it will mess up my body. I really need to loose weight asap.

A little backstory. So im kind of burnt out since I tried 2 different approaches this winter and nothing worked so I was kind of burnt out. Now I decided to try again and really want to follow something thats doable and works for ppl with BAD metabolisms. I gained alot of weight since covid and cant seem to loose a lb. I had my thyroids checked everything came back fine.

Any advice or chizzuk is greatly appreciated .

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 10:03 pm
I'm doing the Fast Metabolism Diet now for almost ten months. I tried dieting several times before, lost some weight, but was unable to keep it down.
Now I'm down over sixty pounds and I feel amazing.

amother
Maize

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 10:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So im at that point where I want to try again. Any specific plans that really work? How does weight watchers work? Or what abt noom? Saw a vitamin online that people say also works but im scared to take anything if it will mess up my body. I really need to loose weight asap.

A little backstory. So im kind of burnt out since I tried 2 different approaches this winter and nothing worked so I was kind of burnt out. Now I decided to try again and really want to follow something thats doable and works for ppl with BAD metabolisms. I gained alot of weight since covid and cant seem to loose a lb. I had my thyroids checked everything came back fine.

Any advice or chizzuk is greatly appreciated .

High protein, high healthy fats, vegetables, low carb, I lost over 60 lbs, lost my cravings and hunger altogether! Please try! Only diet that worked for me.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 10:54 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I'm doing the Fast Metabolism Diet now for almost ten months. I tried dieting several times before, lost some weight, but was unable to keep it down.

What is this, can you give me more info in this pls?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 10:56 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
High protein, high healthy fats, vegetables, low carb, I lost over 60 lbs, lost my cravings and hunger altogether! Please try! Only diet that worked for me.

Can you give me more of an idea of what you eat. One of the things I tried this winter was a low carb(which I have a very hard time with) high protein. And nothing doing. Was very upsetting working so hard and after a few wks nothing budged. I gave up .

amother
Dimgray

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 11:25 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

I would also love to hear about it in a nutshell. Do I have to follow an exact menu or is there just rules to stick to and I can eat what I like accordingly?

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 11:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you give me more of an idea of what you eat. One of the things I tried this winter was a low carb(which I have a very hard time with) high protein. And nothing doing. Was very upsetting working so hard and after a few wks nothing budged. I gave up .

I did that also one winter..was really hard and I was constantly craving carbs...I need carbs to be full..
then I did calorie counting, which worked for a bit and then stopped working
then I did weight watchers...which worked for a bit and then stopped working
Now I'm doing weight watchers with calorie checking also...
would you be willing to try it for a week?
basically I do weight watchers, but I also make sure my weekly caloric intake doesn't go above my goal weight times 12 times seven days...so if, for instance, my goal weight is 115 pounds, my goal is to eat 1380 calories per day (or eat 1500 calories on Shabbos and less on a weekday)
I was doing weight watchers alone, and it helped a bit, but it wasn't enough because I was eating two fruits a day, and tons of free food (like I figured out all the tricks and outsmarted the system...for instance you can eat 2 egg whites and it will register as zero points, you can eat four pistachios and it will register as zero points, you can eat a huge salad and register as zero points etc etc)
so I look at it as checks and balances...

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 11:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What is this, can you give me more info in this pls?

There's a book called the Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. An easy read, and you basically get a clear understanding of her diet.

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:09 am
Look at Noom. Diets don’t work. The app helps you make small lifestyle changes.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:30 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
There's a book called the Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. An easy read, and you basically get a clear understanding of her diet.

Would you be able to give me a basic overview?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:31 am
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
Look at Noom. Diets don’t work. The app helps you make small lifestyle changes.

Would you be able to elaborate what type of changes? How much did you loose on noom? Was curious the difference between noom and ww

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:33 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I did that also one winter..was really hard and I was constantly craving carbs...I need carbs to be full..
basically I do weight watchers, but I also make sure my weekly caloric intake doesn't go above my goal weight times 12 times seven days...so if, for instance, my goal weight is 115 pounds, my goal is to eat 1380 calories per day (or eat 1500 calories on Shabbos and less on a weekday)
I was doing weight watchers alone, and it helped a bit, but it wasn't enough because I was eating two fruits a day, and tons of free food (like I figured out all the tricks and outsmarted the system...for instance you can eat 2 egg whites and it will register as zero points, you can eat four pistachios and it will register as zero points, you can eat a huge salad and register as zero points etc etc)

This sounds a bit to complicated. Always counting calories... also your saying on ww if you eat to much of the free foods thats not good either?

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:36 am
I can relate, OP. I also put on since my most recent baby / covid, and I’ve tried with very small results. Just want to say also that I hated noom . It was all artificial intelligence. You don’t have a real coach. I really hated it . My fitness pal is a good tracker and helped me some- but consistency is really important and I wasn’t

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This sounds a bit to complicated. Always counting calories... also your saying on ww if you eat to much of the free foods thats not good either?

yup, if you're smart like me, and you learn what's "free", like if you have half a cup unsweetened almond milk it's free, and banana is free so you can make a banana yogurt in your blender and it's free (just don't call it a smoothie because then it's points, but the rules are if you eat it with a spoon it's free, so I ate it with a spoon)
you can totally overeat free foods!!
all vegetables are free
all fruits are free
two egg whites at a time are free, so technically you can have 8 egg whites a day for free just don't eat them at once (breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks is calculated diff)
4 pistachios at a time are free, so you can have 16 a day for free, just don't eat them at once...
1 tsp of light mayo is probably free...
basically you can learn what you can get away with for free.....but really you're body doesn't count it as free!!! it's calories!!
I use nutritionix to count calories so it takes like 5 minutes a day...

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:52 am
so today I had 1186 calories and 27 out of my 30 points on weight watchers (the three points I didn't use will roll over)
but a different day I might have 1400 points, that's ok...
as long as I don't go over my weekly allottment of points or calories...
if your gonna ask why I don't just do calories (if you can eat too much on weight watchers) is that I wasn't eating enough fruits and veg on it...
why "waste" my calories on a nectarine or peach when I can have a oatmeal cookie for the same 70 calories? if I do that I'll go over on my weight watchers (because fruit is free and oatmeal cookie 70 calories is 3 points, oat muffin is 6 points etc etc)
so now I'm trying to have the best of both worlds, eat fruits and veg, but at the same time, stay within calorie limits
btw I have quiona salad for lunch that I buy, it's yuuuum and I'm really full!
plus a sugar free iced coffee, also yum Smile
I don't feel deprived at all...
for dinner I usually have a baked ziti I make from a high protein pasta with tomato sauce and cheese it's reeeeaaallly good!!

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 1:05 am
op you said something about a bad metabolism...im like you...I gained bec of covid and I have a really bad metabolism bec even if I eat a little "bad" foods, like carbs/some sugar, I will gain...

so, I found that intermittent fasting and focusing on trying to cut carbs/sugar helps

I tried to help myself with cravings by having a lot of healthier options to snack on if I felt a craving for sugar/carbs...I snack on baby carrots/apple/cucumber/tomato(cut up) etc

I also made sure to include healthier options by meals to help fill myself first with healthier foods like almonds/olives/avocados/salmon etc

everyone's body works differently but if you have a bad metabolism, you may have insulin resistance( issues with insulin/sugar) for this, I listen to dr jason fung and his coworkers

hatzlacha

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 1:06 am
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
I can relate, OP. I also put on since my most recent baby / covid, and I’ve tried with very small results. Just want to say also that I hated noom . It was all artificial intelligence. You don’t have a real coach. I really hated it . My fitness pal is a good tracker and helped me some- but consistency is really important and I wasn’t

So like I said when I started in the winter I was really strict for a few weeks and after I saw nothing budged I just gave up and ate more.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 1:11 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
op you said something about a bad metabolism...im like you...I gained bec of covid and I have a really bad metabolism bec even if I eat a little "bad" foods, like carbs/some sugar, I will gain...

so, I found that intermittent fasting and focusing on trying to cut carbs/sugar helps

I tried to help myself with cravings by having a lot of healthier options to snack on if I felt a craving for sugar/carbs...I snack on baby carrots/apple/cucumber/tomato(cut up) etc

I also made sure to include healthier options by meals to help fill myself first with healthier foods like almonds/olives/avocados/salmon etc

everyone's body works differently but if you have a bad metabolism, you may have insulin resistance( issues with insulin/sugar) for this, I listen to dr jason fung and his coworkers

hatzlacha

So I actually did intermittent fasting a few years ago and did loose nicely. Since then I find it so much harder to loose weight and prior to covid I was by a nutritionist and she streesed on importance of eating 3 well balanced meals a day. (When I did intermittent fasting I technically only has 2 meals) anways I tried doing that same diet as the nutritionist this winter and it didnt work.

Im a lost case Banging head

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 1:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I actually did intermittent fasting a few years ago and did loose nicely. Since then I find it so much harder to loose weight and prior to covid I was by a nutritionist and she streesed on importance of eating 3 well balanced meals a day. (When I did intermittent fasting I technically only has 2 meals) anways I tried doing that same diet as the nutritionist this winter and it didnt work.

Im a lost case Banging head

would you consider doing my diet for just one week? I didn't lose for a really long time and this was the one thing that helped me....

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 1:21 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Goal weight x 12 seems like a lot of calories. I'm eating goal weight x 7 and the scale is barely budging.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise