Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Ready to try again. Suggestions needed
Previous  1  2

dinglehopper

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 3:36 am
You need to track what you are eating. Download MyFitnessPal and enter everything in.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So im at that point where I want to try again. Any specific plans that really work? How does weight watchers work? Or what abt noom? Saw a vitamin online that people say also works but im scared to take anything if it will mess up my body. I really need to loose weight asap.

A little backstory. So im kind of burnt out since I tried 2 different approaches this winter and nothing worked so I was kind of burnt out. Now I decided to try again and really want to follow something thats doable and works for ppl with BAD metabolisms. I gained alot of weight since covid and cant seem to loose a lb. I had my thyroids checked everything came back fine.

Any advice or chizzuk is greatly appreciated .

If nothing else, can I suggest you drink 12 cups of water a day...you start feeling overall better in your skin plus you end up eating way less unhealthy food if any.
I start every morning (bli neder) with 3 cups of water before I put anything into my mouth including coffee.
I recently bought "true lime" packets (crystalized lime) to add to my water and it makes all the water go down 1,2,3!
I make sure to drink another 2-3 cups of water before any meal gets eaten (I tell myself it's the "ticket" to getting food).

I do try to cut down on refined sugars (for sure during the week) and I eat all my carbs in the morning, afternoon hours...start my day with oatmeal (Hashem's gift to this world at least for me!) - with add-ins like, chia seeds, ground flax, cinnamon, walnuts, and frozen banana cubes - yumm!

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 7:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would you be able to give me a basic overview?

Each week is divided into three phases. First two days are phase one, where you eat fruit, grains, vegetables and protein from a specific list. You need to eat three meals and two snacks daily. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily.
Phase two is the next two days. This is the hardest phase. You eat only vegetables and protein, from a specific list. Plus the water.
Phase three which is the last three days you eat fruit, grain, vegetables, healthy fats and protein from a specific list. And the water. Each phase has different foods in each category. What I love about the diet is that you eat only healthy, wholesome, nutriouis foods.
I am never hungry and I feel like a different person. It has been a real life changer for me.
I'll be very happy to answer any questions you may have.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:25 am
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
would you consider doing my diet for just one week? I didn't lose for a really long time and this was the one thing that helped me....

I would it just sounds complicated. Can you give me a picture of what you eat daily?

Another big issue is that I dont like alot of foods. Sad

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:41 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I would it just sounds complicated. Can you give me a picture of what you eat daily?

Another big issue is that I dont like alot of foods. Sad

sure, the beauty is you can eat anything you like. (just make sure with quantity you're not going over your weightwatcher points or your weekly calories)
so here's my summer daily food schedule:
morning- store bought ice coffee (on way home from carpool) I get a 10 oz sugar free iced blended
snack- nectarine diced up
lunch- quiona salad- lettuce, egg white, cooked beets, quiona, sugar free dressing, cherry tomato
snack- store bought ice blended- 10 oz sugar free
snack- ice pop sugar free 20 calories
supper- baked ziti- I buy fiber gourmet high fiber pasta, so half a bag pasta, 1/2 cup hunts tomato sauce, 14 oz shredded cheese, 1 tbs milk and voila- amazing baked ziti (that's like under 300 calories- extremely filling)
then I'll have something at night, depending on my hunger/mood like oatmeal cookie (70 calories) oat muffin (145 calories) ice pop (20 calories) or a small nectarine diced up...
I'm never hungry (I mean, before I eat lunch I'm hungry Smile but I mean throughout the day)
Yes, I buy alot of products. I work and make a different menu for my family, so this is how I swing it (oatmeal cookies and oat muffins are store bought from power of wholesome)

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:43 am
If you post what you would like to eat in a day, I'm happy to plug in the weight watcher points and calories for you...

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:53 am
sure, the beauty is you can eat anything you like. (just make sure with quantity you're not going over your weightwatcher points or your weekly calories)
so here's my summer daily food schedule:
morning- store bought ice coffee (on way home from carpool) I get a 10 oz sugar free iced blended
snack- nectarine diced up
lunch- quiona salad- lettuce, egg white, cooked beets, quiona, sugar free dressing, cherry tomato
snack- store bought ice blended- 10 oz sugar free
snack- ice pop sugar free 20 calories
supper- baked ziti- I buy fiber gourmet high fiber pasta, so half a bag pasta, 1/2 cup hunts tomato sauce, 14 oz shredded cheese, 1 tbs milk and voila- amazing baked ziti (that's like under 300 calories- extremely filling)
then I'll have something at night, depending on my hunger/mood like oatmeal cookie (70 calories) oat muffin (145 calories) ice pop (20 calories) or a small nectarine diced up...
I'm never hungry (I mean, before I eat lunch I'm hungry Smile but I mean throughout the day)
Yes, I buy alot of products. I work and make a different menu for my family, so this is how I swing it (oatmeal cookies and oat muffins are store bought from power of wholesome)

just wandering, is it possibly unhealthy to ingest all those unatural ingredients in sugar-free foods and snack products and the like?

But I guess the alternative of being veru ocerweight can also be argued that it is just as unhealthy...?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 8:57 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Each week is divided into three phases. First two days are phase one, where you eat fruit, grains, vegetables and protein from a specific list. You need to eat three meals and two snacks daily. Drink half your body weight in ounces of water daily.
Phase two is the next two days. This is the hardest phase. You eat only vegetables and protein, from a specific list. Plus the water.
Phase three which is the last three days you eat fruit, grain, vegetables, healthy fats and protein from a specific list. And the water. Each phase has different foods in each category. What I love about the diet is that you eat only healthy, wholesome, nutriouis foods.
I am never hungry and I feel like a different person. It has been a real life changer for me.
I'll be very happy to answer any questions you may have.

Sounds pretty restrictive. Like I said im not the greatest eater and dont eat lots of veggys and fruit. Sounds like a hard diet to stick to long term.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 9:02 am
If you post what you would like to eat in a day, I'm happy to plug in the weight watcher points and calories for you...

Thanks scarlet for being so responsive. Doesnt sound like you eat that much, how are you not hungry. I think im going to call a nutritionist to guide me. I need a plan I can stick to.

amother
Geranium

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:26 pm
Scarlet, you are smart.

I never get why people trust WW. It's all down to calories and one can over eat on that diet too.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise