Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
OCD therapist in Baltimore for teen ds

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 4:53 pm
Covid has brought up some OCD tendencies. DS says he is not going to sit in school chairs until he wipes them down... It started off because he was worried about covid, normal- everyone was wiping everything down... now its because he says boys are gross and its just yucky.. time for therapy. Any recommendations for someone who is actually available (I already called 3 people and they are booked- glad people are getting help, nice that therpists have a parnassah, but so sad that so many people need help). In any case- expert in OCD and does CBT.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 7:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Covid has brought up some OCD tendencies. DS says he is not going to sit in school chairs until he wipes them down... It started off because he was worried about covid, normal- everyone was wiping everything down... now its because he says boys are gross and its just yucky.. time for therapy. Any recommendations for someone who is actually available (I already called 3 people and they are booked- glad people are getting help, nice that therpists have a parnassah, but so sad that so many people need help). In any case- expert in OCD and does CBT.

My daughter has OCD, is 17 (almost 18) and sees Ina Schwob (the pediatricians wife). She works with RCC and BH is very good, caring, available, and takes insurance!

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Aug 14 2021, 10:21 pm
Whoever you find, make sure they specialize in ERP as that is the gold standard treatment for OCD.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 12:16 am
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
My daughter has OCD, is 17 (almost 18) and sees Ina Schwob (the pediatricians wife). She works with RCC and BH is very good, caring, available, and takes insurance!

Thanks... I think he would prefer a man.

amother
Stone

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 12:38 am
Did you try Rabbi Avi Landa? he advertises in the Baltimore Jewish home newspaper. I beleive he deals with teenage boys a lot. But I am not sure that he takes insurance....

amother
Green

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 12:39 am
Dr. Yehuda Bergman

Eliezer (Michael) Schlein

Great experience with both. Not for ocd though. But I’m certain they’ll tell you if they don’t deal with ocd. Also call Rabbi Slansky if Baltimore Relief.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 12:43 am
Did you try Shmuel Fischler? He is supposed to be an expert in OCD.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 1:31 am
Dr Jonathan Schwartz
He isn’t in Baltimore but can do Skype

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 15 2021, 9:57 am
Relief resources suggested shmuel Fischler- he is booked for the next 3 months and Mordechai Zeiger who is not seeing anyone until after the chagim. I would prefer not to wait for ds to get started as I have been trying all summer and found someone who I thought was good and ds started working with him, but then the therapist kept dropping appointments and so here we are- feeling frustrated and helpless.

Thanks for the other suggestions on their website they do not list OCD as something they work with, but I will call them as they may have recommendations.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 11:03 pm
Dr Joseph Bechhofer specializes in OCD

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:56 am
Try noson berman. I don't know if he works specifically with ocd. Also call relief, they may have ideas for you.

amother
Hosta

Post Sat, Oct 30 2021, 11:09 pm
Rabbi Avi Landa is excellent
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics