Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Plan a Little Party

imanotmommy

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 11:08 am
Just for fun, I want to plan an imaginary party. Something that would be realistic, since maybe I'll end up use some ideas in the future. It would be a small party, with close family/friends, in my home. Up to 25 people. It can be a birthday party, sheva brachos, Purim seuda, kiddush, etc. (You can be creative-maybe we're celebrating losing a first tooth, or learning all the alef-beis sounds)
The food would be homemade, but it's fine if there's an item that needs to be purchased (like bagels, for example). Tables and chairs are taken care of. Paper goods, table cloths-would depend on the occasion (birthday party is dollar store stuff in fun colors, sheva brachos would be tablecloth gemach). Type of activity (if there is one at all) would also depend on the occasion.
So, if you enjoy this kind of thing: pick a reason, and tell me what you'd serve, what the guests would do, and how you'd set up.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 12:59 pm
A seudas hodeah.
I think it would look like dvom’s sons bar mitzvah. Pull up that thread for awesome ideas!

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 1:05 pm
Quote:
tell me what you'd serve, what the guests would do, and how you'd set up.

Ok,
So I’m serving focaccia, pretzel buns, cheese blintzes and also a big spread of salads, grilled veggies, sushi and different types of lox. Cheese cake, carrot muffins and my mothers Kokosh cake.
My salads are healthful like quinoa stuff and I’m including gluten free options for people not able to eat the cakes and rolls.

Guests are sitting around the backyard with a sort of tent to keep sun out and they’re all just so happy to reach this milestone.

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 5:53 pm
Hey, so am I the only one partying op? Not even op is showing up to the party I so painstakingly prepared Wink
The decorations are all up and I’m afraid it’s gonna rain on it all soon...

imanotmommy

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 6:17 pm
Great party! Isn't that a lot of food for under 25 guests?
The most recent party that I did was a toddler birthday for family. 2 pasta dishes, a salad, watermelon, birthday cake, onion rings. Birthday girl picked the paper goods so it was like a purple table cloth, pink cutlery, blue plates

Java

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 6:18 pm
Hmm.
A kiddush for my princess (she's 11 months and still no kiddush lol)
Probably in my neighbor's backyard- it's big and beautiful and they let us use it
Lots and lots of pink obviously! And girliness- balloons, teddy bears, flowers pink cookies and cupcakes

Sunny Days

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 6:19 pm
imanotmommy wrote:
Great party! Isn't that a lot of food for under 25 guests?
The most recent party that I did was a toddler birthday for family. 2 pasta dishes, a salad, watermelon, birthday cake, onion rings. Birthday girl picked the paper goods so it was like a purple table cloth, pink cutlery, blue plates

Maybe, but it’s more variety than quantity and it’s very chasuva people.

imanotmommy

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 6:28 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
Maybe, but it’s more variety than quantity and it’s very chasuva people.

And it all sounds good!

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 9:39 pm
I'm planning my birthday party. There are a lot of bars- Mexican food bar (tacos, salsa, beans, guacamole), salad bar, sushi salad bar, and an ice cream\smoothie\coffee bar for dessert. It's in some sort of industrial modern warehouse space that also functions as a library with old musty books with faded gold lettering and lots of library ladders.
Omg I'm getting so excited can the wish fulfillment center in Heaven help me out here?

enneamom

Post Mon, Aug 16 2021, 10:16 pm
Totally random party idea #1 is mountain climbing themed. It's outdoors, and there's a rock climbing wall for a fun activity. A big backdrop of Mt. Everest stands behind the buffet tables. The food is in baskets made of coiled rope, and the tablecloth is canvas tent material draped with ropes. We sit in hammock swings hanging from the trees. Decor is grayish blue, brownish tan and white with a pop of orange; rustic wood, metal and canvas materials.

There is a giant chocolate cake in the shape of a mountain, painted with edible paint in blue, purple and gray mountain-y hues. For the rest of the food, we'll have butternut squash soup and hot beverages to keep us warm in the frigid altitudes, fresh buttered baguettes, Greek salad, cheese boards, and I don't know what else but something yummy.

The party is to celebrate a milestone or achievement in personal growth. Could be one person's growth or a whole group. Not sure about the program, but it will definitely feature a kumzitz at the end, maybe around a campfire.

Oh wait, you said realistic...

cbg

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 5:23 am
Sunny Days wrote:
A seudas hodeah.
I think it would look like dvom’s sons bar mitzvah. Pull up that thread for awesome ideas!

Do you mind linking

imanotmommy

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 5:26 am
Just wondering, is it actually going to be cold at this mountain climbing party, or you'll use your imagination?
Other than everyone sitting in hammocks, most of the plan isn't far from realistic. If you want the party on Everest, that's a different story...

imanotmommy

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 5:27 am
I should have added a rule that, as OP, I need an invitation to all the parties. Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics