Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Carb free breakfast but no protein or veg. Ideas?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:17 pm
I’m trying to go very low carb and stay away from starch because that’s the only way I can lose a pound. My problem is that I can’t start the day with a protein or veg. I need something dry like toast or crackers. Any carb free substitutes like that? Tia.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:28 pm
You've eliminated almost all the food groups. No carbs, protein, or vegetables. Do you include fruits in the vegetables? Dairy? Cheese, or smoothie with milk? Nuts?

agreer

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 12:32 pm
Could u dry vegetables so they are hard and crunchy? Maybe in an air fryer?

Why can't u start your day with protein and veggies? Millions of people do

amother
Dahlia

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 2:08 pm
Keto bread? Simple mills crackers?

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 2:10 pm
I eat a lot of simple mills crackers with cream cheese or sliced cheese. I really like their almond flour bars a lot too.

I eat a lot of Dr Pragers spinach/kale/broccoli pancakes for breakfast. I like getting a lot of greens in first thing in the morning.

Sb1234

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 2:11 pm
A fruit smoothie?

amother
Vanilla

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 2:19 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I eat a lot of simple mills crackers with cream cheese or sliced cheese. I really like their almond flour bars a lot too.

I eat a lot of Dr Pragers spinach/kale/broccoli pancakes for breakfast. I like getting a lot of greens in first thing in the morning.

Be careful, those pancakes how potatoes and other starches in the.

mha3484

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 2:22 pm
For me, its a lot better then what I used to eat in terms of nutrients. Everyone should do what works for them.

amother
DarkCyan

You do know that fruit is a carb and dairy is protein.

You could have water. Maybe some water and margarine? Banging head

amother
Vanilla

amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m trying to go very low carb and stay away from starch because that’s the only way I can lose a pound. My problem is that I can’t start the day with a protein or veg. I need something dry like toast or crackers. Any carb free substitutes like that? Tia.

If you need to, there are plenty of keto recipes you can make with almond flour etc for starches. But if you do the high protein diet properly, your need for starches will go away and so will your cravings and hunger. For mornings, how about a cheese and mushroom omelette? That’s very filling and you might just find you won’t need the starch. I usually have a large salad and baked salmon, or tuna, or eggs, all made with coconut oil or olive oil, plus avocado for healthy fats, for my first meal of the day (which is about 11am-noon). Lots of water. That keeps me satisfied until dinner.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise