Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
I just picked up my toddler from day camp….
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:17 pm
Apparently this morning DH dressed him in a long sleeve shirt, shorts, sandals and socks Can't Believe It

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Apparently this morning DH dressed him in a long sleeve shirt, shorts, sandals and socks Can't Believe It

so?

hodeez

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:31 pm
Your husband dressed him! Take your wins as they come 😄

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:33 pm
So?
The only part that's odd is the l/s shirt, if it was clearly a heavy winter shirt. L/s affords sun protection, after all.
Weird is wearing sandals and a miniskirt with a short fur jacket. Weird is short shorts, a tank top, heavy knee-high socks and a heavy scarf or shawl around the neck. Weird is a skintight corset-style strapless evening gown with a shell underneath.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:34 pm
amother [ Coral ] wrote:
So?
The only part that's odd is the l/s shirt, if it was clearly a heavy winter shirt. L/s affords sun protection, after all.
Weird is wearing sandals and a miniskirt with a short fur jacket. Weird is short shorts, a tank top, heavy knee-high socks and a heavy scarf or shawl around the neck. Weird is a skintight corset-style strapless evening gown with a shell underneath.

Ooooooh, one of my pet peeves! Can't Believe It

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:34 pm
Not bad at all. Probably considered trendy in some circles

amother
Cinnamon

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:37 pm
Lol!!!!!

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:45 pm
Did he put the clothes on the right way? And did the colors clash? Last time my dh dressed one of our kids, he put dd's pink top on back to front and chose a pink skirt that totally didn't go with the pink of the top! His words when I said something were 'well they're both pink I don't get what's the problem and don't buttons on girls clothes always go at the back?'
I think you just have to laugh. If I know dh is the one who is getting the kids dressed I usually try to make sure I've left their clothing out ready for him in the morning. Otherwise I just have to appreciate the effort he's put in.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:46 pm
But what were you wearing?

Iymnok

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:49 pm
Isn’t that how those little British princes are dressed? Shorts every day until age 8 I think. So the shirt might be long sleeved.
Is your son royalty?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:51 pm
I'll laugh with you! 😃

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 3:59 pm
Oh well…
Men just don’t get it

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:02 pm
Ehh don't worry about it! My 3 year old picks her own outfits and sometimes that means leggings on a 95 degree day or some strange color combos. I do suggest something lighter but I pick my battles. (They change to swim at camp so I don't worry about it being too hot). Anyway, I'm sure the teachers have seen weirder and as long as your child is in clean clothes and seems happy, they won't think anything of it.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:03 pm
My husband always tucks in the wrong outfits. Or dresses them in Shabbos clothes on school days. Or in outfits that are too small but I haven’t yet removed from the closet
I learned to keep my mouth shut, or he will stop dressing them.

s1

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:28 pm
Whenever I dress my toddler in mismatched clothes, I hope the teachers will presume she chose her own clothes and insisted on wearing them and I didn’t want to have a tantrum at 8am. Same with shoes on the wrong feet, twisted tights, odd bunchies etc 😂

hodeez

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:33 pm
s1 wrote:
Whenever I dress my toddler in mismatched clothes, I hope the teachers will presume she chose her own clothes and insisted on wearing them and I didn’t want to have a tantrum at 8am. Same with shoes on the wrong feet, twisted tights, odd bunchies etc 😂

SAME! Really banking on them being dlkz 😄

suremom

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:37 pm
I wasnt home and told DH to put on the top that has fish on it. My son came home in his rash guard LOL LOL LOL

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:41 pm
Reminds me of when son was almost three and went to day camp with a white button down shirt, long pants and green shark boots. He refused to put his long hair in a ponytail and wore it down hippie style.
I should have attached a note to him “I choose my clothes” but I figured it was obvious.

Rappel

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 4:56 pm
OP, call this one a win, and praise DH for it. Smile The more often he does it, the easier your life is, and the better he'll get at it. Please don't call him out on it -- then he'll go all hands-off.

If it makes you feel any better -- DS dresses himself, and has gone to gan many times with pants inside out, two kippahs on his head, or bizarrely clashing colours. This is just not a battle I'll fight with him. At least he's happy!!

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 5:44 pm
Lol thanks for this thread!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics