Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Tongue/Lip Tie Fidelis NYC
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 8:42 pm
Does anyone know a dr who can snip a tongue and lip tie in NYC that takes Fidelis?

anonymrs

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 10:34 pm
It's not worth it. Spend the money and go to Scott Siegel. You can pm for more info.

amother
Freesia

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 11:06 pm
anonymrs wrote:
It's not worth it. Spend the money and go to Scott Siegel. You can pm for more info.

That’s silly. This is a routine procedure not a 1 in a trillion brain tumor. Columbia takes fidelis: you’ll be thrilled with any of these doctors

https://www.entcolumbia.org/ou.....ology

amother
Nasturtium

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 11:15 pm
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
That’s silly. This is a routine procedure not a 1 in a trillion brain tumor. Columbia takes fidelis: you’ll be thrilled with any of these doctors

https://www.entcolumbia.org/ou.....ology

The tongue lip tie has more lasting effects than just not nursing.. you rlly do need someone expert here

amother
Freesia

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 11:58 pm
amother [ Nasturtium ] wrote:
The tongue lip tie has more lasting effects than just not nursing.. you rlly do need someone expert here

Lol Columbia is the best children’s hospital in the city. It’s not like I recommended no-name doctor and at a dinky hospital.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 10:30 am
I know this is an old thread but for anyone who is still searching for this info, Dr kotlow in Albany (I know it's not nyc but may be worth the trip) accepts Fidelis and is considered top in the field of tongue tie.

amother
Daylily

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 10:43 am
amother [ Freesia ] wrote:
Lol Columbia is the best children’s hospital in the city. It’s not like I recommended no-name doctor and at a dinky hospital.
Excellent children’s hospitals excel at saving lives. Not so much quality of life issues.

jeg

Post Thu, Feb 17 2022, 12:10 pm
I had one for my oldest done by a regular pediatrician and it didn't work. 2nd kid I fought Aetna to cover Scott Siegal, it was very worth it. Make sure that you use someone who has a detailed follow up exercise plan. Also every tongue tie is different, some are much more complex than others. Someone may have had no issue going to just anyone but if it is complex do whatever you can to see Scott Siegel.

hope22

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 2:03 am
Another vote for Dr kotlow in Albany. I wish would have known to take my baby to him right away. Instead of trying someone local first.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 3:19 am
Dr. Ari goldsmith in valley stream is very very good

Flink

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 7:18 am
I was told by a lactation consultant that my baby has a tongue and lip tie. Anyone has info if necessary to snip the lip as well or can cause more issues?

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 8:31 am
I used Dr. Rickert in NYU. His associates are also very good.

Also, Sarah Dvorkes does it for a small fee.

amother
Moonstone

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 9:26 am
Go to Dr. Kotlow in Albany. He does the same procedure as Dr. Scott Siegel. I did my son's tongue tie locally and he has a tiny fork. My niblings had theirs done by Dr. Siegel and Kotlow and they had a great experience.

potatoes

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 4:14 am
Another vote for Dr Katlow
It was worth the trip .
Smooth, painless, flawless, no trauma or drama, high quality performance.
I had to pay and I’m fighting with insurance for reimbursement but it is still worth it from the horrible stories I hear that have gone wrong.

I don’t know Dr Siegel . I think it’s more than just using the same laser to compare contrast doctors.

Flink

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 1:52 pm
Happy you had a good experience. I had a great experience with Dr Kotlow too however my baby’s eating didn’t improve after the ties were released. I followed through with the stretching exercises and a feeding therapist.It is now over 2 months after and I just started her on reflux medicine. She seemed to have been traumatized from anything/anyone touching her mouth and was refusing to eat anything. I was literally squeezing milk into her mouth all day to keep her hydrated. Which makes me think if it was necessary to snip it in the first place. Crying Crying Crying

amother
Lightblue

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 2:10 pm
I want to second Dr. Goldsmith in Valley Stream. Got an appointment for about 2 weeks after I called and was covered by Fidelis.

mushkamothers

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 2:31 pm
Flink wrote:
Happy you had a good experience. I had a great experience with Dr Kotlow too however my baby’s eating didn’t improve after the ties were released. I followed through with the stretching exercises and a feeding therapist.It is now over 2 months after and I just started her on reflux medicine. She seemed to have been traumatized from anything/anyone touching her mouth and was refusing to eat anything. I was literally squeezing milk into her mouth all day to keep her hydrated. Which makes me think if it was necessary to snip it in the first place. Crying Crying Crying

Have you seen a myofunctional therapist?

madame411

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 2:43 pm
Another vote for Dr Katlow.

Flink

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 2:47 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
Have you seen a myofunctional therapist?

No. What’s that?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 25 2022, 2:52 pm
I ended up using a Pediatric Dentist right where I live. I was able to get a next day appointment. I paid out of pocket 900$ to do both tongue and lip. The laser procedure itself was quick although I still found it pretty traumatic to watch my screaming baby. It healed beautifully but I didn’t find it helped her nurse better- even with doing the exercises that a lactation consultant showed me. I still think it was worthwhile because it can cause speech and teeth issues down the line if untreated.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics