Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
What kind of Hebrew name necklace?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 5:10 pm
Maybe it is a weird question but I cannot make up my mind.
My daughter wants a Hebrew name necklace for her bas mitzvah. I am looking into them and don't know whether I should buy silver or gold or gold plated. I can afford them all but wonder if she will make sure not to lose it. Is it too much of a responsibility to buy gold?
What is your kids experience with jewelry, what kind would you get and why? I have never ordered these necklaces before.

Crookshanks

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 5:42 pm
Get whatever is cheaper. If this is for a 12th grade graduate it's one thing. I don't think I was mature enough at 12 to keep track of expensive pieces of jewelry through school, camp, swimming, trips...

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 5:50 pm
Silver if it is for everyday. Gold if it is for shabbos and you think she is responsible to care for it. If not, then silver for shabbos. Not a fan of gold plated.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 2:14 am
Thank you! I personally got a gold piece for my 12 th bday but that was about it. I also didnt wear it daily.

With a multitude of gifts and a scale of celebration, I think she will survive a silver piece for now.
Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics