Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What age do you find to be the most difficult
Previous  1  2

As a parent, what age do you find to be the most difficult?
0-12 mos  
 24%  [ 23 ]
1-2 yrs  
 28%  [ 27 ]
3-5  
 13%  [ 13 ]
6-8  
 1%  [ 1 ]
9-12  
 6%  [ 6 ]
13-16  
 14%  [ 14 ]
17-20  
 3%  [ 3 ]
20+  
 7%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 94

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 11:53 pm
My oldest is turning 2. I have a 3 month old as well. keh.

so far, I found 9-12 months to be the most difficult. they unload cabinets, do dangerous things w/o realizing what's wrong, pull up to stand on your skirt, and they don't understand what you say to them/ cannot follow directions or express their needs clearly.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 12:06 am
Until they start sleeping through the night. My youngest is 5 and she still wakes up...but seriously newborn until age 2 is the hardest. My oldest is 12 so we will see about teen years.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 2:33 am
I cant handle the social drama with my 12 year old it affects me and her deeply as we are sensitive live and let live type. Newborns dont have social interactions or upset anyone. I love that stage

yc

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 3:01 am
early teen years are very difficult - turbulent. you can't make it all better by kissing the boo boo and you often can't reason with them.
the age range varies slightly for boys and girls but once they come out of it they turn normal again.

I think what people find difficult to deal with is a matter of the parents personality as well. some parents deal well with teens, some better with babies and some with toddlers etc.

salt

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 3:07 am
I definitely lose more sleep worrying about my teens and over 20's, than I did being up at night feeding those same kids when they were infants!
B"h nothing out of the ordinary to worry about, I'm just a worrier.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 5:16 am
It depends on the child, and it depends on the parent, and it depends on what outside stressors are going on at the time. (New baby, husband lost his job, moving to a new school, etc.)

For me, DD was hell on wheels when she was 4. Oh my gosh, I wasn't sure either one of us was going to survive that year. Aside from the colic, she'd been delightful up until then. Suddenly, when she started kindergarten, she turned back into the easy kid I've always known.

The next battle started around 11-13, in other words, puberty. OY, what drama! What tears and door slamming! School refusal, truancy, depression, anxiety, self harm, suicidal ideation. It nearly broke me. I've never cried and davened so much in my life. I wanted to sell her to the gypsies.

B'H, she's 18 now, working, and just started college. She's so much more stable and happy than she was before. Hang in there, there's always hope, even in the darkest times. Hug

amother
Offwhite

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 6:15 am
The most dangerous is 17/18 months when they start running till about 2/2.5 years old. Physically exhausting.

My oldest is 4 but every year he just gets more difficult and more wild so I honestly can’t say.

I love babies.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics