Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
ADHD Medication help
Previous  1  2

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:42 pm
Op I think must of us can relate. Its so hard! Vyvanse was for sure the smoothest for us. I think you need to play around with combination and dosages.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 1:58 pm
Thanks all.

I’m leaning towards switching Adderall to Vyvanse and either upping the Guanfacine to 3 or switching from the Guanfacine to the Clonidine Patch.
I’m just wondering why clonidine isn’t common here.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 2:40 pm
my DD (almost 11) takes guafacien at night (4mg). That helps for the morning. She is currently using the daytrana patches in the morning (20mg)-Ritalin family- she takes it off when she starts getting ready for bed. Melatonin and/or Benadryl help when she has trouble sleeping.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 3:11 pm
amother [ Holly ] wrote:
my DD (almost 11) takes guafacien at night (4mg). That helps for the morning. She is currently using the daytrana patches in the morning (20mg)-Ritalin family- she takes it off when she starts getting ready for bed. Melatonin and/or Benadryl help when she has trouble sleeping.

If she takes the guanfacine at night, does it go into effect for the night yet or does she take it at bedtime only to help with the morning?

I really need it to be effective both in the evening and in the morning.

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jul 06 2021, 5:35 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If she takes the guanfacine at night, does it go into effect for the night yet or does she take it at bedtime only to help with the morning?

I really need it to be effective both in the evening and in the morning.

She takes it at bedtime. That’s what the dr recommended and it seems to work. He claims that it really works for close to 24 hours.

The evenings are one of the reasons she’s on the patch. It stops working 1/2 hr- 2 hr after it comes off (depending on the kid), so she has meds until bedtime.

amother
Cognac

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 1:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks all.

I’m leaning towards switching Adderall to Vyvanse and either upping the Guanfacine to 3 or switching from the Guanfacine to the Clonidine Patch.
I’m just wondering why clonidine isn’t common here.

Bumping this thread. Also want to know more about clonidine with adhd.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)