Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Increase Zoloft- more anxiety?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 8:54 pm
We increased Zoloft about 2-3 weeks ago from 25 to 30mg (as per doc) because ds 8 irritability went up a lot after starting vyvanse. He has adhd and anxiety.
Noticing that his anxiety seems to be even worse then before - explosive and fixated.
I’m thinking it’s bec of the increase.
Will talk to the doc but wanted to know if anyone else had experience with this.
Also- this was a child who went manic at higher doses on Zoloft originally so we had scaled down.
Thanks for any input.

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:00 pm
I got more anxious on every psychotropic medication I took including Zoloft

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:15 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
I got more anxious on every psychotropic medication I took including Zoloft

So did any meds help you ? Do you have bipolar btw? Cuz the doc said when this Happens it may mean that for the future

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So did any meds help you ? Do you have bipolar btw? Cuz the doc said when this Happens it may mean that for the future

Anxiety and depression. Even klonopin made me anxious for a few days till my body got used to it. My psych told me to drop it. After a really bad experience I stopped trying. So now I only do therapy. I don't have bipolar but do have mood dysregulation. Weak body.

amother
Snow

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:14 pm
I don't see people posting about this a lot however we had a very very very bad outcome with vyvanse. It made my son irritable, impossible to deal with and crazy! Took him off vyvanse nad kept the zoloft - he's not perfect but he's good enough for now.

Look into that op.

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 9:18 pm
Sometimes these things get worse before they get better and doctors want to wait 6 weeks.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 10:38 pm
amother [ Snow ] wrote:
I don't see people posting about this a lot however we had a very very very bad outcome with vyvanse. It made my son irritable, impossible to deal with and crazy! Took him off vyvanse nad kept the zoloft - he's not perfect but he's good enough for now.

Look into that op.

Thanks for posting that. I’m trying to get into a mew psychiatrist now to discuss but need him on stimulant to start school.

amother
Mayflower

Post Wed, Aug 18 2021, 10:56 pm
Becoming manic on zoloft can indicate bipolar II. Is he on a mood stabilizer? I think you should discuss this with your psychiatrist.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 12:07 am
My dd is only 5 is on 50 mg zoloft and 1mg guanfacine. Increasing to 75 mg zoloft shortly. 25mg is low for an 8 year old no
She is doing amazing

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 12:38 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
My dd is only 5 is on 50 mg zoloft and 1mg guanfacine. Increasing to 75 mg zoloft shortly. 25mg is low for an 8 year old no
She is doing amazing

I don’t think you understood my post. His anxiety and irritability is way worse on 30mg then on 25mg. Asking if anyone else had that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 12:40 am
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
Becoming manic on zoloft can indicate bipolar II. Is he on a mood stabilizer? I think you should discuss this with your psychiatrist.

Yes we did discuss that.
I’m in middle of trying to find a fantastic psychiatrist. Not thrilled with current. All the docs I called are only booking October November time. Need to figure this out sooner

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 2:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don’t think you understood my post. His anxiety and irritability is way worse on 30mg then on 25mg. Asking if anyone else had that.

Yes, my doctor told me that. I feel like I need a higher dose of Zoloft and she warned me that taking too much can increase anxiety
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)