Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
I dont want to betray my baby but I feel like I am!
Previous  1  2

SuperWify

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 3:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
it works for months and then ranomly for 2 weeks ill spot
ob said its normal ... Sad

Well, that just means it’s time for you to stop taking and get your period. Are you taking back to back packs?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 3:52 am
SuperWify wrote:
Well, that just means it’s time for you to stop taking and get your period. Are you taking back to back packs?

ya I dont take placebo week
but when I start spotting like I am now, I take placebo week to get my period and start all over
my ob said I didnt have to take placebo for 6 months

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 4:25 am
Quote:
Accordingto the Torah a child is weaned at two, and I think that’s a great guideline regarding spacing for the parents sanity and the child’s time to be a baby.

I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. As I understand it, halacha does not encourage weaning before 2, but as long as there is no break of 72 hours after reaching 24 months, the child can continue nursing (I think till 4 or if weak 5).

That said, our kids are less than 18 months apart, and like pp said, my oldest didn't miss being the Singleton since there was a sibling by the time #1 was really forming memories and whatnot. My kids with larger gaps didn't adjust as well.

Still, I did experience mom guilt, feeling I didn't give #1 the full experience, since my thoughts were already on my next pregnancy, but I'm sure #1 didn't detect it.

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 4:25 am
Duplicate post

SuperWify

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 4:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
but when I start spotting like I am now, I take placebo week to get my period and start all over

Right medically it can be ok. but if your staining it’s your body’s message that you are going too long. So I don’t get why it’s annoying, you start staining, you stop and get a period. That’s life.

If you went off birth control you’d be getting your period every month until you get pregnant….

SuperWify

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 4:37 am
amother [ Geranium ] wrote:
Quote:
Accordingto the Torah a child is weaned at two, and I think that’s a great guideline regarding spacing for the parents sanity and the child’s time to be a baby.

I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. As I understand it, halacha does not encourage weaning before 2, but as long as there is no break of 72 hours after reaching 24 months, the child can continue nursing (I think till 4 or if weak 5).

That said, our kids are less than 18 months apart, and like pp said, my oldest didn't miss being the Singleton since there was a sibling by the time #1 was really forming memories and whatnot. My kids with larger gaps didn't adjust as well.

Still, I did experience mom guilt, feeling I didn't give #1 the full experience, since my thoughts were already on my next pregnancy, but I'm sure #1 didn't detect it.

It’s not an over simplification. It’s a Torah suggestion. You can do you, and I know many people that did you are the kids are just fine. But many people can’t handle getting pregnant right after birth (for them- medically and emotionally and for the baby’s emotional attachment as well) and it’s very normal and ok to take a break.

amother
Geranium

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:20 am
SuperWify wrote:
It’s not an over simplification. It’s a Torah suggestion. You can do you, and I know many people that did you are the kids are just fine. But many people can’t handle getting pregnant right after birth (for them- medically and emotionally and for the baby’s emotional attachment as well) and it’s very normal and ok to take a break.

I didn't mean in regards to spacing children. I meant in terms of weaning. But definitely everyone has to do what's best for them.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 8:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Getting two months is good, that’s around what I always got.

I would say a baby is a baby until at least a year.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 10:13 am
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Getting two months is good, that’s around what I always got.

I would say a baby is a baby until at least a year.

What? A baby is a baby until at least 3 I think. Really. And I'm saying this as someone who has children 12 months apart and my biggest gap is 22 months. They are all still babies. Many times I feel like my 5 year old is still a baby even though he has 3 children (babies) under him. My kids older than 5 I don't feel are babies
I also never tried to get pregnant. Everything was just natural so I don't understand the idea of "let's have baby now." So I'm not commenting on that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics