Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Master walk in closet - what layout?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 12:58 pm
Did anyone do a walk in master closet recently and can help me with layout? Like how many drawers, hanging, etc?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 1:32 pm
I don't have a walk in closet, but I would start by looking at your clothes and what you have-do you have mostly dresses which need long hanging? Do you use a lot of drawers? Shelves? Lots of shoes?
Do you want a space to sit, a big mirror?
It would probably be helpful to work with a designer who can customize according to your needs and the exact size/shape of the closet.

Amarante

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 1:35 pm
I would also advise you to take an inventory of what you want to store and how you want to access stuff.

Take some time to look at closet interiors because you will likely find ingenious things you hadn’t realized even existed.

Also go to a reputable company and interview a few designers to find someone who yuu want to work with, ask to look at some of the finished closets.

SingALong

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 11:28 pm
My closet builder/designer really helped guide me in designing the layout. We looked at the clothing I had and worked from there. So say I had 4 feet of long hanging clothing, we put that into the layout. I had a dresser with 5 draws, so we put that amount of draws in the closet. Etc.

To give you an idea, my closet is a large u shaped, I walk in by the open part. 2 walls on both sides are hanging, one side double, one side midi. Next to the double is a small section for very long like maxi dress length. I also put a small bench in the corner. After the hanging on each wall I have a row of shoe shelves. Back wall has draws going across, a cabinet on each side with shelves. I keep my wig heads in there. Space between the cabinets has a counter. On the side near the draws I have a tilt out hamper.

There are many accessories and feature cabinets you can get with closets but I didn’t.you can google closet companies and see they’re features and decide if any are very important to you and you want to incorporate it into the design.

amother
NeonPink

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 11:56 pm
We each have 4 drawers and 4 shelves.

Shelves r sweatshirts, sweaters, t shirts and wigs on top. Dh has mostly sweaters cuz his shirts r hung.

Drawer 1: underwear (dh also stores has undershirts)
Drawer 2: tights and socks
Drawer 3: pjs
Drawer 4: swim suits, bras, some lingerie (dh keeps track pants etc in his)

Double hanging, single hanging, shoe rack.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics