Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Positive corona in israel, whats the rules of bidud?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:55 am
were supposed to be flying back sunday Sad
dh tested positive, me and baby are negative.

does anyone know the updated rules about bidud?

10 days and I can reschedule flight?

I already contacted chaim vechessed etc. no help

DrMom

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:05 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
were supposed to be flying back sunday Sad
dh tested positive, me and baby are negative.

does anyone know the updated rules about bidud?

10 days and I can reschedule flight?

I already contacted chaim vechessed etc. no help

Your DH should see a doctor. AFAIK, he cannot leave isolation until he tests negative and the minimum bidud period is over and a doctor declares him recovered.

https://www.gov.il/en/Departme.....cases

I assume you are vaccinated/recovered and hence do not need to go into isolation due to your contact with your DH.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:06 am
we vaccinated to get in
I already had covid

I keep hearing diff. things about how long bidud is, do u have any idea?

why does he need a doctor? he feels fine

Success10

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:25 am
I'm sorry, that's the pits. I don't know the rules. He took an official kupah test? Like, misrad habriut has him listed as having corona?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:26 am
Success10 wrote:
I'm sorry, that's the pits. I don't know the rules. He took an official kupah test? Like, misrad habriut has him listed as having corona?

no idea
hes on the phone with them now to clarify rules

just want to get out of here I miss my bed and privacy!

Success10

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
no idea
hes on the phone with them now to clarify rules

just want to get out of here I miss my bed and privacy!

I'm curious if the baby needs to do bidud, since she is obviously unvaccinated. I would assume so. Hang in there. When did he get his positive test? Will you have to spend RH here?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:31 am
Success10 wrote:
I'm curious if the baby needs to do bidud, since she is obviously unvaccinated. I would assume so. Hang in there. When did he get his positive test? Will you have to spend RH here?

both me and my baby tested negative for covid!
we got results this Am 6 AM

Im not sure if the rule is 10 days bidud and then youre released.... dont want to stay here for RH we've been here too long

someone

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:38 am
Oy, this stinks! Sorry OP.
The rule is 10 days bidud from the date of the positive test. If your baby was exposed to him she needs to be in bidud (you can shorten it to seven days with two negative tests, I assume the one you just did would count as the first test, so she would need another one on the seventh day since the exposure).

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:41 am
someone wrote:
Oy, this stinks! Sorry OP.
The rule is 10 days bidud from the date of the positive test. If your baby was exposed to him she needs to be in bidud (you can shorten it to seven days with two negative tests, I assume the one you just did would count as the first test, so she would need another one on the seventh day since the exposure).

thanks!

still on hold to misrad habriut Twisted Evil

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:41 am
I never thought id say I miss going to work!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 5:16 am
now what do me and the baby do?
separate from dh for ten days not let him come anywhere near us?
feel like its a little late bc we were together yesterday before we got the positive results

Elfrida

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 6:22 am
Whenever you and the baby are with your husband, you are being re-exposed, and risk g contracting Corona again. If you separate now, and he spends his time in one room with the door closed, you are no longer being exposed, and the bidud ends in seven days, assuming you get another negative test in the seventh day.

If you spend the time in constant contact, your seven days of bidud start when he gets his ishur machlim.

Since you are vaccinated, you don't actually need bidud, but the baby does, and you need to look after him, so that effectively puts you in bidud as well

amother
DarkGray

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 6:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
now what do me and the baby do?
separate from dh for ten days not let him come anywhere near us?
feel like its a little late bc we were together yesterday before we got the positive results

DH tested positive for covid last week he isolated from the rest of the family, including the vaccinated family members. He was told he gets out of bidud after ten days assuming he’s free of certain symptoms - no need for PCR, just a letter from his doctor, not sure how that would work if you’re a tourist.
Op is vaccinated so she does not need to isolate, she should test but otherwise is free to be out and about, if her child is not recovered, then the baby needs to isolate for seven days.

amother
Apple

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 6:26 am
Let DH take care of the baby for the next 7 days.

I promise you, he will never criticize your parenting - EVER. Very Happy

amother
Dimgray

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 6:29 am
I would first make sure it wasn’t a false positive! They have been seeing many of those

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 6:34 am
dh did another at home covid test and it was negative Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

he feels totally fine.I knew he didnt have covid. now were still stuck here though! not that its not a zechus to be 'stuck' in e"y but I need to go back to real life...

and now that I think about it, theres one bathroom, and its a tiny israeli apartment so theres nowhere he can really go... Sad hell be in our room but theres nowhere for me and baby to sleep other than with dh

Elfrida

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 6:34 am
amother [ Dimgray ] wrote:
I would first make sure it wasn’t a false positive! They have been seeing many of those

Once you're on the list as having tested positive, you don't get off until the full ten days have passed and you are not displaying any significant symptoms.

If you do two tests and one is positive and the other is negative, how are you going to prove which one is right? You are not allowed out to do another test anyway, and the home test kits are not as reliable as a full PCR test.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions