Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
American Dream Mall, not doing well. Anything Im missing?
Previous  1  2

amother
Tulip

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 12:04 pm
Wasn't C21 suppose to open there?

Optione

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 12:55 pm
If they'd charge regular prices, (ie, their skating rink was a comprable price to other rinks) I would've taken my kids by now.

proudMama123

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 1:48 pm
I find it’s a great place and a fun vibe even if I don’t want to spend money to walk around get a drink from Dunkin. Many kosher restaurants will open there soon and they would like to be an East Coast Disney land type of place. So ya it’s more expensive but your paying for an experience. No Lashon Hara about a Jewish business please!

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 1:53 pm
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
I am so sad to read this. I know the family (frum) who owns the mall. They are such tremendous baalei tzedakah and chessed, you wouldnt believe. I hope this turns around for them...
They opened when covid hit...I daven that they should be successful

Same. I share your sentiments.

Kumphort

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 2:11 pm
It’s funny. There luxury wing is opening in sept

https://wwd.com/business-news/.....5960/

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 2:19 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
BeH I hope this is so. I'll try to have them in mind tomorrow when I say the mi shebeirach after yekum purkan.

LOL. They are billionaires, literally. They're probably happy with this tax write-off

If you still wanna daven for them, please have them in mind together with the poor people you know in real life.

hazelnut

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:04 pm
I wonder if they were also taking a gamble in opening up a big supermall when everything has progressively been shifting more and more online (and covid just exacerbated this tenfold). I went there and was shocked at the prices for admission into the amusement parks and literally every other thing there was to do/ buy there. Even for those who are financially well off, the prices seemed pretty ridiculous.
That being said, it's an absolutely beautiful mall and it was so nice to walk around and windowshop. I just can't see how middle America can afford to spend what they probably need to thrive.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:10 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
Not to worry, the family is far from destitute. They have plenty of other successful properties in their portfolio. And the place isn't losing money; it's just not making the kind of profits it expected.

That's not true, I know them. They took a huge hit and it's not so simple

proudMama123

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:31 pm
amother [ Lemonlime ] wrote:
That's not true, I know them. They took a huge hit and it's not so simple

Exactly

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:45 pm
I went once I didn't know that the stores were closed on Sunday. Was super disappointed.

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:58 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Same. I share your sentiments.

Same here. Maybe they're not broke as in paying bills but they struggle, I heard it from the owner himself who I Kno

amother
PlumPink

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 5:04 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Same here. Maybe they're not broke as in paying bills but they struggle, I heard it from the owner himself who I Kno

That doesn't mean a thing. I know many rich people. They all say they're struggling. I think it's a shtick.

chestnut

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 5:27 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
If only Century 21 would have a techias hamaisim, maybe we'll have that. They were originally supposed to have a large store in American Dream.

I read they're planning to reopen. Not sure how many locations.

amother
Impatiens

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 6:07 pm
amother [ Bluebonnet ] wrote:
I went once I didn't know that the stores were closed on Sunday. Was super disappointed.

I feel like this was a huge part of the risk. A mall in a place where the stores have to be closed on Sunday? Aren't Saturday and Sunday the busiest shopping days, as that's when the most people are off work?

amother
Crocus

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 6:14 pm
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:
I feel like this was a huge part of the risk. A mall in a place where the stores have to be closed on Sunday? Aren't Saturday and Sunday the busiest shopping days, as that's when the most people are off work?

Closed Sunday is a NJ law all stores are closed then in NJ, some stores that were supposed to open cancelled out because of covid and made it a bigger struggle lots of empty stores. And to those counting people’s dollars yes lots of rich are really struggling anyone in real estate is struggling cause no one is paying rent and they can evict tenants it’s a mess but also if someone is used to certain standards and they can’t cover that it’s a huge hit for them and I do know some previously rich people who don’t know how they will cover there next grocery bill.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 8:38 pm
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:

There are a lot of successful regular malls in Bergen County. I thought American Dream is more about the theme parks.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries