Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
My daughter took pinworm medicine

momof2+?

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 2:39 pm
Yesterday afternoon.
I changed her linen for last night. I am changing her linen for tonight. Do I need to change her linen again M. Shabbos?
If so, can I just put it in the dryer on high heat for 20 min?

Also, random question for those who are not too queasy (you were warned!!!)
She gets pinworms living in her vag*na. How do they get there through her digestive system? I thought they live in the colon and come out the an*s to lay eggs?

anonimas

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 2:44 pm
My daughter had this too.
They come out from the backside and migrate to the vag*na. It’s gross Sad
As far as the linen, you sound like you’re doing more than enough.
Try to bathe her in the morning, just a rinse while standing in the tub.

momof2+?

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 2:53 pm
anonimas wrote:
My daughter had this too.
They come out from the backside and migrate to the vag*na. It’s gross Sad
As far as the linen, you sound like you’re doing more than enough.
Try to bathe her in the morning, just a rinse while standing in the tub.

Except that it’s the third time she’s had pinworms since January, so I am trying to rlly be thorough this time. (Why isn’t there a pulling hair out emoji?!)

anonimas

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 2:57 pm
Unfortunately I have been there. It’s the most frustrating thing. And it took a few years to break the cycle Sad
Unless she’s extremely careful at school or camp about washing her hands before eating or putting her fingers near her mouth, it will keep coming back.
Did you try treating the whole family?
Also, you can try asking your doctor for a prescription for mebendazole to order online from Canada.

ineedalamborghi

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 4:58 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Except that it’s the third time she’s had pinworms since January, so I am trying to rlly be thorough this time. (Why isn’t there a pulling hair out emoji?!)

Side point but there is one At wits end

HonesttoGod

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 5:46 pm
Make sure to give her the meds again in two weeks.
Treat the entire family. Now and in two weeks.

My pediatrician told me that some kids are just more prone to it. I have one child that gets it all the time and no one else in the family does. Even the sibling that sometimes bathed together with them.

yidisheh mama

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 5:57 pm
momof2+? wrote:
Yesterday afternoon.
I changed her linen for last night. I am changing her linen for tonight. Do I need to change her linen again M. Shabbos?
If so, can I just put it in the dryer on high heat for 20 min?

Also, random question for those who are not too queasy (you were warned!!!)
She gets pinworms living in her vag*na. How do they get there through her digestive system? I thought they live in the colon and come out the an*s to lay eggs?

When my child had pinworms for the 2nd time, the doctor advised to change the linens daily for 2-3 weeks, wash all clothes in hot water, clean all the toys that goes into toddlers mouth, keep nails really short, clean surfaces that their underwear comes in contact with, and treat the whole family. We all took the meds twice, and it was a brutal 3 weeks. But b"h its gone,

flmommy

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 6:17 pm
One of my kids and myself had recurring pinworms. I know everyone says they can come back but I became convinced we were never really completely getting rid of them. We tried doing the follow up dose after two weeks but we still kept having them come back. What finally worked was ordering pinworm medicine from Kiwi pharmacy that ain’t available in the US. Very month on the first we would take the medicine and every other month we would do the US available vermox. I believe we had built up resistance to the medicine so we alternated for 3 -4 months. BH we haven’t had a recurrence in over a year. Good luck.

momof2+?

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 6:18 pm
anonimas wrote:

Did you try treating the whole family?
Also, you can try asking your doctor for a prescription for mebendazole to order online from Canada.

How do you bribe the entire family to take that awful tasting medicine?!?! At wits end
(Thanks to the another who showed me that emoji!!!)

Is the prescription from canada a better tasting medicine?

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Aug 21 2021, 2:18 pm
flmommy wrote:
One of my kids and myself had recurring pinworms. I know everyone says they can come back but I became convinced we were never really completely getting rid of them. We tried doing the follow up dose after two weeks but we still kept having them come back. What finally worked was ordering pinworm medicine from Kiwi pharmacy that ain’t available in the US. Very month on the first we would take the medicine and every other month we would do the US available vermox. I believe we had built up resistance to the medicine so we alternated for 3 -4 months. BH we haven’t had a recurrence in over a year. Good luck.

Came here to say THIS. Vermox is the only thing that works. OTC meds are useless, and will only kill off the weakest of the worms.

When DD was in the "pinworm parsha", everyone got treated on a quarterly basis. Me, DD, and even the dog. If we kept on top of it, we didn't have to worry. We were also crazy about hand washing and cleaning fingernails.

BTW, in adults, often the only sign of pinworms is grinding your back teeth, and being more cranky than usual. If your kid has pinworms, and you are experiencing these symptoms, then you should be treating yourself at the same time.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Aug 21 2021, 2:19 pm
momof2+? wrote:
How do you bribe the entire family to take that awful tasting medicine?!?! At wits end
(Thanks to the another who showed me that emoji!!!)

Is the prescription from canada a better tasting medicine?

Vermox is just one tablet. It can be chewed, crushed, or swallowed whole. It's a bit chalky, but it also has a mildly sweet taste. DD didn't mind it at all. (The dog was less than impressed, but would take it if I coated it in peanut butter.)

momof2+?

Post Sat, Aug 21 2021, 9:05 pm
I have to buy vermox in Canada? I ask my American doctor for a prescription and then fill it on a Canadian pharmacy site? Or for I need a Canadian doctor to prescribe?

anonimas

Post Sat, Aug 21 2021, 10:53 pm
momof2+? wrote:
I have to buy vermox in Canada? I ask my American doctor for a prescription and then fill it on a Canadian pharmacy site? Or for I need a Canadian doctor to prescribe?

You get a prescription from your regular doctor. My pediatrician was actually the one who recommended I do this. You take a pic of the Rx and upload it to the website. The tablet is way easier to take than the nasty liquid. But yes, I used to force my whole family to take the liquid too.

tweety1

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 12:17 am
Nothing helped for my dc. Dc one y"t had such a terrible infestation. I was going nuts. Every 10 minutes no was picking out like 10 at a time. At the time I was in a community that had a medicine gemach. I went over to see if they have something. They gave me pindrops from the company herbari. I followed the instructions to the extent that when I went home I bought it be able to continue. That was the last time the kid had pinworms. Vermox didn't help, pinex didn't help, garlic didn't help either.

Somuch2

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 1:02 am
I had pinworms 4 years ago from a kid, it was horrible... I was freaking out. Medicine didn't help because they only kill the worms not the eggs so as soon as the eggs hatch (maybe a week or 2 after being laid) the pinworms are back. I took otc, vermox and another one whose name I can't recall. The only thing that really helped was taking diatomaceous earth (food grade) in a drink daily for about 10 weeks or so. I did not find that changing linen helped at all and it just made me crazy. Diatomaceous earth kills the worms and because it's taken ever day it is more effective then taking medicine (which is poison basically given in 2 doses a week apart). Also the meds all had side effects and are really not good to keep taking.. One of these meds were linked to serious delays in children which is why it may be hard to get in US.

momof2+?

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 2:10 am
Somuch2 wrote:
I had pinworms 4 years ago from a kid, it was horrible... I was freaking out. Medicine didn't help because they only kill the worms not the eggs so as soon as the eggs hatch (maybe a week or 2 after being laid) the pinworms are back. I took otc, vermox and another one whose name I can't recall. The only thing that really helped was taking diatomaceous earth (food grade) in a drink daily for about 10 weeks or so. I did not find that changing linen helped at all and it just made me crazy. Diatomaceous earth kills the worms and because it's taken ever day it is more effective then taking medicine (which is poison basically given in 2 doses a week apart). Also the meds all had side effects and are really not good to keep taking.. One of these meds were linked to serious delays in children which is why it may be hard to get in US.

Where do you buy this earth? How do you drink it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry