Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
When are schools starting in Lakewood?
Previous  1  2

keym

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 1:40 pm
amother [ Heather ] wrote:
Wow I didn’t realize this year was so early. I just assumed the schools were starting the same day as always. Which apparently is rosh hashana LOL lucky I noticed this thread.

My oldest boy is starting primary, when do they start?

Depends which schools, most boys schools are starting between August 17 and August 20.

amother
Heather

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 1:59 pm
keym wrote:
Depends which schools, most boys schools are starting between August 17 and August 20.
Hell be in the cheder.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 2:30 pm
I just heard from someone that girls schools may start sep1 since bussing won't start before September and the schools won't open without bussing...

who knows!

amother
Kiwi

Post Sun, Jun 20 2021, 2:31 pm
keym wrote:

My sons school is starting august 8th. A few cheers pushed the start date earlier. I’d say primary the day after big kids dear.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:33 am
Wow, I live OOT, and OF COURSE the school has already told us (at least a month ago) when next year's start dates are.
And when I called and asked earlier, the secretary said she didn't know exact dates, but age could tell me which weeks.

Parents need to know, as others mentioned, when to plan trips and vacations, and when to plan appointments.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:36 am
We will all start in August, (boys on the 16/17, don't remember, and girls the last Tuesday) but we've done that many times.

I'm a teacher. Teachers do not lose pay for August. I'm salaried, and if we start earlier this year, I'm assuming well end earlier too.

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:38 am
I was told daughters school is starting September 1st.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total

keym

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:39 am
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
We will all start in August, (boys on the 16/17, don't remember, and girls the last Tuesday) but we've done that many times.

I'm a teacher. Teachers do not lose pay for August. I'm salaried, and if we start earlier this year, I'm assuming well end earlier too.

How could you end significantly early? You're not going to end school before Shavuos?

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Jun 21 2021, 8:46 am
amother [ Arcticblue ] wrote:
Wow, I live OOT, and OF COURSE the school has already told us (at least a month ago) when next year's start dates are.
And when I called and asked earlier, the secretary said she didn't know exact dates, but age could tell me which weeks.

Parents need to know, as others mentioned, when to plan trips and vacations, and when to plan appointments.

I’m in NY, and only one of my kids schools have told us I think. I could have missed some emails though.

newlymarried

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 12:11 pm
Hi, can anyone tell me if schools in lakewood have started yet? Or are starting next week? I don't live in lakewood, just want to bring my children for shopping and prefer to wait until school has started

keym

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 12:13 pm
Boys schools have started. Girls schools and preschools don't start for another week/week and a half.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 12:42 pm
keym wrote:
Boys schools have started. Girls schools and preschools don't start for another week/week and a half.

Sorry just venting
My son’s school doesn’t have English classes until September 1. How on earth does the school expect it’s parent body to be home and not working starting 1:30 each afternoon until September? Sad

keym

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 1:11 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Sorry just venting
My son’s school doesn’t have English classes until September 1. How on earth does the school expect it’s parent body to be home and not working starting 1:30 each afternoon until September? Sad

Yeah. I hear.
Same.
Except this week we have dismissal at 2 (p-3) and 3 (4-8). But no afternoon bussing for anyone.
So.... Carpool in traffic. Yay!!!
It's nice to ease the boys in. And it does provide a level of structure for the day
But it makes working impossible.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 1:16 pm
keym wrote:
Yeah. I hear.
Same.
Except this week we have dismissal at 2 (p-3) and 3 (4-8). But no afternoon bussing for anyone.
So.... Carpool in traffic. Yay!!!
It's nice to ease the boys in. And it does provide a level of structure for the day
But it makes working impossible.

How do they expect us to work?
If they want to ease the boys in, let them have Sunday off until y”t.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries