Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
I hate the 9 days!@!
Previous  1  2

queen

Post Sun, Aug 14 2005, 10:37 pm
1stimer wrote:
Quote:
tell them-------- the parties over, go home!!

to which they responded ---- we are home!

LOL

baby's mom

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 1:17 am
There's lots more work AFTER the nine days Confused
All those loadssssss of laundry Exclamation

lucky

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 5:52 am
Don't feel that u have to tackle all that laundry in one day. I go to the laundromat with half of the laundry. I use the triple load machines. I get done much faster this way. And what about the ironing??

technic

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 7:37 am
I HATE waiting 4 chatzot!!!!!!! I want 2 get started already on the washing!!!!!

lucky

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 7:56 am
Yeah, thats why I'm on imamother. Pushing time till chatzos.

technic

Post Mon, Aug 15 2005, 8:40 am
lucky lol ...and whats our excuse 4 the REST of the yr LOL

nechamashifra

Post Tue, Aug 23 2005, 8:54 pm
1stimer wrote:
nechamashifra wrote:
lemon slices really works to get rid of ants

What exactly do you do? (Could help be at hand??)

just place lemon slices wherever the ants are.

happymom

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 10:07 am
This is a little late.... but as far as I know you are allowed to to laundry for the kids in the nine days if u need the clothes or u feel u have to

technic

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 10:11 am
not late - just early 4 next yr Wink

amother

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 10:20 am
Quote:
This is a little late.... but as far as I know you are allowed to to laundry for the kids in the nine days if u need the clothes or u feel u have to

I know. I've been wondering that myself the entire time this thread was going. I dont know how anyone can possibly have enough clothing for their family not to have to wash for 9 days!! I guess we have a lot of rich mothers here (which would also explain why lots of you dont work).

amother

Post Fri, Aug 26 2005, 12:38 pm
amother wrote:
I guess we have a lot of rich mothers here (which would also explain why lots of you dont work).

Let's look at this assumption:
I don't work. I have a lot of clothes for my kids. That means I am rich.

Lets try another approach: I don't work. That means I am davka NOT rich. Maybe if I was working I would more likely be rich (or richer anyway), but I choose to stay at home with my children.

I have a lot clothes for my kids. We get hand-me-downs. Also, my mother's hobby is to go to huge clearance sales and buy children's clothing for next to nothing.

It's important to be dan lekaf zechus, remember?

happymom

Post Sat, Aug 27 2005, 9:57 pm
I dont work even though I can use the money. I feel my baby needs me now and I dont know anyone I trust 100% to leave her with so we dont have extra money but my baby is happy so I am too for now.

uandme

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 6:39 pm
sorry for sounding preachy ladies but I'm sorry, I was pretty offended by the title of this thread, and by all the complaining about the laundry, here in the middle of so many national and world calamities that we should be taking to heart and using the 9 days (and beyond )appropriately or at least referring to the 9days in a more respectful way and with at least a slight tinge of bashfulness that we are not at the ultimate madreiga of really feeling the mourning...

happymom

Post Wed, Aug 31 2005, 10:40 pm
uandme, I don't think its right to put other people down for things that are hard for them. For some people it really is VERY difficult and bothers them a lot to not do laundry, but they don't do it anyway! isnt that amazing?? its an even bigger mitzvah when something is hard for you and you do it anyway. everyone has things that are hard for them.... just because you might be able to be on that level with this issue.... doesn't mean other ppl are, or that they are doing anything wrong.

lucky

Post Thu, Sep 01 2005, 9:45 am
Also concerning the nine days... I know people who are really miserable the whole nine days because they cant shine their mirrors,and clean the windows EVERY day. I have no problem with that stuff. But for them this is a major issue. Or someone I know who has a hard time because she can't iron her kids UNDERWEAR. To each his own.

uandme

Post Thu, Sep 01 2005, 10:59 pm
ladies, PLEASE! I am not putting anyone down here! Sad I am just expressing that I think we could be a little more bashful about our language. embarrassed
I am just saying that I wish I could say 'I hate the 9 days' because of the actual reason that we have them, not because of an outgrowth of the observance which causes us inconvenience. I'm saying this on a basic philosophical and general level, not at any one person or poster here. of course I know people are doing their utmost to keep these observances, with simcha, and with yiras shomayim. and yes it is a big mitzvah when we go against our grain or our preferences, comfort zones to keep those mitzvos.
I am not wishing to cause ill-will here, or to put anyone down in any way. I have no opinion on what is harder for you or her or anyone else.

I'm just trying the make a point here about the loshon used, and the t'aam it creates...

happymom

Post Fri, Sep 02 2005, 12:00 am
Uandme I don't see anything wrong with saying that you think it would be so good for the nine days to be hard because of the right reasons! I feel the same... however, I disagree with your other point. I don't see anything wrong with people being honest with what is hard for them! Amother was writing that its hard for her not to do the laundry... thats all. I can relate to that too. Im sure Hashem can understand why:) I dont think there is anything wrong with the Loshon is what Im trying to say... everyone understands what amother is saying..
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note