Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
El Al carry on weight question - time sensitive!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 6:13 pm
Carry on about 2 lbs over weight, do they actually weigh the carry-ons? Will I be charged for the little bit of extra weight? Thank you!!

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 6:21 pm
My husband just flew last week. On the way to Israel they didn’t weigh his carry on but on the way back they did and they made him check it in bec it was way over weight.
But for him it didn’t matter bec my husband didn’t have an additional check in luggage. (He has taken a suitcase for my son who’s staying in Israel for the year. )

sub

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 6:23 pm
When I traveled beginning of july they did not. When my dd traveled they did. The solution -simply take one item out and hold it in your hand until after weighing. Dd took out a heavy college book, that did the trick.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 6:24 pm
amother [ Wallflower ] wrote:
My husband just flew last week. On the way to Israel they didn’t weigh his carry on but on the way back they did and they made him check it in bec it was way over weight.
But for him it didn’t matter bec my husband didn’t have an additional check in luggage. (He has taken a suitcase for my son who’s staying in Israel for the year. )

Do you think they weighed it on the way back because it was noticeably stuffed, and the way there he was able to make it lighter because he checked a suitcase as well? Our carry-on is a standard captains case, doesn't look stuffed, it's just 2 lbs over! I hope it can go through no problems...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 6:26 pm
sub wrote:
When I traveled beginning of july they did not. When my dd traveled they did. The solution -simply take one item out and hold it in your hand until after weighing. Dd took out a heavy college book, that did the trick.

They won't notice 2 pairs of shoes in your hands, lol? Please teach me how to do this!

sub

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 5:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They won't notice 2 pairs of shoes in your hands, lol? Please teach me how to do this!

Put it in a shopping bag or in a large pocketbook. Put the shoes in later. You are allowed 2 handbags. One is a personal bag.
People buy wine or spirits in duty free an bring it aboard. I try to fly with minimum, but there are people who have 3 large bags whenever they board the plane.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics