Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Talk to me about blonde wigs
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 6:59 pm
I've hated my wigs from the minute I got married. I'm a very ashy blonde color and my wig never perfectly matched my own hair. Either a wig is too blonde or streaky and it looks fake and gets oxidized in a second or it's too dark and severe for my face.
I might sound like a spoiled brat but it's my hair and it really affects how my face looks.

A few times I was wearing little or no makeup and I hated how my face looked in a wig. I look super pale.
I took it off and pulled down my hair and it was an immediate improvement. I don't want to have to wear a full face of makeup to look nice.
I've only had cheapish wigs till now (in the $2-3000 range) and I'm assuming they were processed hair.

I was just gifted a nice amount of money and I really want to use it towards a wig that I will finally be happy with.
It means a lot to me to have a pretty wig that I feel comfortable and natural in. I've been so bitter towards this mitzvah and hoping this will help change it. Willing to spend long as it's the perfect piece and will last me a nice long while.

Blonde imas, can you advise what brand wig you have, where you purchased and how they've held up.

TIA.

dena613

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 7:01 pm
Can't help, but yikes if2-3k is cheapish!!!
My sheitels are around2k

amother
Clear

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 7:02 pm
You need to redye every 2 years or so.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 7:03 pm
dena613 wrote:
Can't help, but yikes if2-3k is cheapish!!!
My sheitels are around2k

Well yes these days 2-3k is cheapish. They were cheaper back when I bought them but I chose that amount to describe the quality/brand wigs I've had. Don't want to start naming companies.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 7:05 pm
I’m blond too. I agree with the dye upkeep prob every two years.
I love my lacetop sari.
Find that irene oxidizes quickly.

amother
Wallflower

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 7:08 pm
It’s not so much the brand but more so the dye job. In my opinion if you like everything else about your wig (hair quality, etc) then spend the extra couple of dollars and go to an expert colorist. If you tell us where you are we can advise. That said, I love the yaffi wigs. It’ll probably cost you in the 6-7k range

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 7:28 pm
I’m a lighter blonde but I find that good old fashioned Shevy wigs are always the best color

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 8:19 pm
Wait - seriously??
A good wig costs in the 6-7k range? Yikes!
I haven't bought a wig in ages

Is that really how much it costs today? How can people afford it?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:06 pm
Thanks everyone. Is it really only a dye job?
I'm in Lakewood. Who can do a good job? I don't even know what I want, really.

And I had a Shevy wig. Was not happy ;(

librarygirl

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 9:09 pm
Blondes need to get unprocessed hair if they don't want it to oxidize right away. I know she's not trendy right now but Claire was known for being good with ash blonds.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 10:09 pm
How blonde are you? Light blonde or more of a dirty blonde with a browner base?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 10:28 pm
I literally could have written this post!

To the posters suggesting dying the wigs - the problem I have with getting my processed wigs dyed is that I'm always told the only way to get rid of the red on top is to root it darker. But then it's too dark for me and I need to wear a ton of makeup. It sounds like OP would have a similar problem.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 10:37 pm
You need a very high end wig, like yafi

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 10:40 pm
Irene's is the best in blondes, but blondes being blondes you really do need to recolor every few years.

Eva and Chloe also has a nice selection.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Dec 21 2021, 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 10:55 pm
SafeAtLast wrote:
Irene's is the best in blondes, but blondes being blondes you really do need to recolor every few years.

Eva and Chloe also has a nice selection.

Noooo I have had very bad experiences with Irene blondes. Oxidized immediately to red or, worse, greenish, which is more common in ashy blondes.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:19 pm
I’m blonde and don’t like how lots of blondes look. I was super happy with my Friedas but that’s going back 6-8 years. Really great hair, fantastic color. A couple of years ago I got Chedvy wigs. They are high end but the hair is beautiful and the color is fantastic. I had very minimal oxidizing. (I did not get lace tops).
For a cheaper wig I’m happy with my Sary.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Sun, Aug 22 2021, 11:44 pm
shevy is a no go. They turn orange on day 3.
I was very happy with my Renaissance, wore it 4 yrs without dying as well as my yaffi (not every day wig though)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:10 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I literally could have written this post!

To the posters suggesting dying the wigs - the problem I have with getting my processed wigs dyed is that I'm always told the only way to get rid of the red on top is to root it darker. But then it's too dark for me and I need to wear a ton of makeup. It sounds like OP would have a similar problem.

So glad someone understands!

I dyed one wig and the top is so dark. Sad

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:21 am
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
I’m blonde and don’t like how lots of blondes look. I was super happy with my Friedas but that’s going back 6-8 years. Really great hair, fantastic color. A couple of years ago I got Chedvy wigs. They are high end but the hair is beautiful and the color is fantastic. I had very minimal oxidizing. (I did not get lace tops).
For a cheaper wig I’m happy with my Sary.

I've been told Chedvys are beautiful and don't oxidize. Is it really true

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:21 am
OP, I have the same problem!!! My natural hair color is ashy blonde. I found ONE wig ONE time that was a color match, and it was a human hair/synthetic blend I found on eBay with no tags or brand name on it. Go figure. It also isn’t the highest quality wig, and the top looks funky without a large headband covering it.

What I did was go for reddish brown. It seems counterintuitive, because red tones are the opposite of ashy. But the darker color PLUS the red looks good on me. It kind of evens out. So the wigs I like best are a medium auburn color. It’s not even close to my natural color, but it looks good, and I found a couple of them that look like they COULD be my natural color.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels