Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Talk to me about blonde wigs
Previous  1  2

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I've been told Chedvys are beautiful and don't oxidize. Is it really true

They are beautiful- really the most beautiful wigs I’ve owned in the last 15 years. The blonde is beautiful and the hair feels different than wigs with more processed hair. I have my doubts that any hair in a wig is unprocessed at all but the Chedvy really feels that way.
I have my Chedvy for 2.5 years. I can’t say that there is no oxidation at all but even natural hair growing on a head will oxidize - we just call it highlights - my daughter gets beautiful highlights every summer. That being said, the wig did get a bit lighter but very minimal. I did get it a tad darker than I usually wear so now the color is perfect. My hair is not so ashy; it’s warmer- more gold but no red. The color the wig oxidized is just a lighter shade than it was. It did not turn red or peroxide blonde.
I got my wig before the sleek flat look (lace tops) were in. The hair has some body and holds which is what I like. I did hear that the new Chedvy’s have sleeker, finer hair. I don’t know if that means some processing or not.
If I was in the market for another good quality wig I would definitely look into Chedvy again.
Hatzlacha!

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:48 am
Ohhh! I just remembered. The ashy wig that I have… if you wash it with “purple shampoo” it helps return it to ashier tones if it starts to oxidize.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:59 am
All hair oxidizes. Think of your own natural hair and how it gets lighter/warmer highlights in the summer. The same thing will happen to every wig. No one can guarantee that your sheitel won’t turn a bit warmer or lighter with time.

Now, processed or dyed hair tends to oxidize much faster and to a far more unnatural color. So unless you want to be dying your wig constantly (which kills the wig eventually, at one point you just can’t get the orange out), you want a virgin hair, uncolored wig.

I have one extremely ashy wig that has not gotten at all warmer with time, though it has gotten a bit lighter. But that’s very unusual.

I have had great experiences with Yaffie Begun wigs. I don’t color them at all. I’m not blonde but have very ashy light brown hair.

Very light blonde hair seems to be hard to get naturally, I don’t have much advice on that. I know many sheitel machers encourage you to just dye a darker wig platinum if that’s your color. But the darker blondes, there are definitely brands that sell them without any coloring. They tend to be the pricier brands. IMO as soon as you start adding highlights and correcting the color, the wig starts to oxidize unnaturally, you constantly need to correct the color, and it’s not worth it. Just my two cents.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 5:24 pm
My blond Freeda wigs were my best--20+ years of wig wearing, and they oxidized the most slowly and looked best when re-colored.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 6:19 pm
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
All hair oxidizes. Think of your own natural hair and how it gets lighter/warmer highlights in the summer. The same thing will happen to every wig. No one can guarantee that your sheitel won’t turn a bit warmer or lighter with time.

Now, processed or dyed hair tends to oxidize much faster and to a far more unnatural color. So unless you want to be dying your wig constantly (which kills the wig eventually, at one point you just can’t get the orange out), you want a virgin hair, uncolored wig.

I have one extremely ashy wig that has not gotten at all warmer with time, though it has gotten a bit lighter. But that’s very unusual.

I have had great experiences with Yaffie Begun wigs. I don’t color them at all. I’m not blonde but have very ashy light brown hair.

Very light blonde hair seems to be hard to get naturally, I don’t have much advice on that. I know many sheitel machers encourage you to just dye a darker wig platinum if that’s your color. But the darker blondes, there are definitely brands that sell them without any coloring. They tend to be the pricier brands. IMO as soon as you start adding highlights and correcting the color, the wig starts to oxidize unnaturally, you constantly need to correct the color, and it’s not worth it. Just my two cents.

Delete

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 10:32 pm
OP did you get anywhere with your research?

amother
Eggplant

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 10:41 pm
I have ashy blonde hair and chose to go with the more reddish brownish blonde because couldn't find a color match in a wig that looked good on me. Also it didn't oxidize or I just don't remember the original color;)... But I hear the ashy blondes oxidize the worst.. Gluck

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Sep 08 2021, 11:15 pm
I know someone with this color who loves her Shani Wigs. Maybe look into that brand

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 1:14 am
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
I know someone with this color who loves her Shani Wigs. Maybe look into that brand

They look very pretty! Any idea what the price range is?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 4:56 am
Yafi Kaminer or Ita Fischer for blonds

amother
Chestnut

Post Thu, Sep 09 2021, 7:33 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
They look very pretty! Any idea what the price range is?

She is very high end like 5k
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels