Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I'm chickensoupprof AMA
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 1:50 pm
Seriously don't want to explain everything or answering PM's just here ask me anything shabbos is happening here in 1,5 hour so be quick \o/

BH Yom Yom

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 2:48 pm
Hi chickensoupprof! What does your username mean?

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 2:56 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Hi chickensoupprof! What does your username mean?

Chicken soup professor. Or chicken soup professional now I'm in to turkey necks, chicken carcasses and one big chicken leg in a really big pot.
I have phases in what I make in chickensoup. But chickensoup is always amazing. It is against heartache, flu, and lekovod shabbos and yontif.

amother
Oldlace

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 2:57 pm
How did you end up in the Netherlands?

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Jul 09 2021, 3:02 pm
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
How did you end up in the Netherlands?

I’m from there I don’t have any other nationality but Dutch. And my husband liked it here 🤷‍♀️

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:02 pm
bump

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:23 pm
Why did you make an AMA? You said something about not wanting to explain everything. Did something happen recently?

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:27 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
Why did you make an AMA? You said something about not wanting to explain everything. Did something happen recently?
nothing happen just wanted to put it here if someone wants to ask something out in the open... I wrote it a bit weirdly I see now... Sometimes my English is getting rusty.

GLUE

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:36 pm
Just something I always wondered in NY there are a lot of rivers that the name ends with Kill. It is said that it is a Dutch word(the Dutch were in NY for a wile before the English came) What does that word mean?

Einikel

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 4:46 pm
You mentioned you weren’t from growing up. When did you become more observant?

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 6:09 pm
Einikel wrote:
You mentioned you weren’t from growing up. When did you become more observant?

Well I was always interested in religion. And there was an Israeli family who invited us over for the Seder but my mom didn’t want to do any more things with Judaism. So I had a pretty normal secular life. Fast forward to my teen years I got a boyfriend who was christian but anti Israel (really odd) and where I saw religion as something for weird people who don’t believe in science I dated a guy who was studying molecular biology and was religious. But I didn’t feel anything for Christianity. Anyhoo I said to him I wanted to know something about Judaism he encouraged it but didn’t want me to become Zionist and that I went to Israel 😂. Then I broke up with him because he was just selfish and arrogant and I went to Israel with taglit and I felt the ruchniyus at the kotel and I prayed and I got my siddur and that was when I was 19. My first shomer Shabbos was almost a year later when I was 20. And my parents called and texted me all the time but I didn’t answer the phone they were super worried. So I guess since 2013 I got in tocuh with a few sluchim in the Netherlands and stayed sometimes there for Shabbos but I wasn’t fully shomer Shabbos and everything yet till I met my husband. This was more because I felt basically ashamed and my mother was really frightened mostly of my Shana rishona she said things like “You are excluding your self from society” or when we went to my inlaws “you can eat there but never at me, why go you to your friends in Amsterdam?” Or “it’s like I don’t know you anymore that you have a different life that you don’t want to have anything to do with us.” That was also when I had briefly dated sometimes non Jewish guys she was really happy “oh so nice you are seeing X! He seems a good guy you not taking the train to Amsterdam or to Antwerp anymore!” Or “oh thank Gd you are still wearing pants!”. I felt really guilty, I felt guilty I didn’t finished college, that I live a frum life, that I was already an autistic child with depressions and anxienity sometimes…. So in these times let’s say from 2013 till 2018 I was frum the other day and not they other day in my own dorm later I kept kosher but at my parents I didn’t because I got guilt tripped if I won’t eat anything. Now I’m this far that she cooks what’s on the kosher list for treif dishes a shliach says this is ok. It’s really important for her. Also she is really really really against shomer negia she finds it rude and uncalled for that men are not shaking her hands at my wedding she finds it chutzpahdik I tried the Covid argument lots of times but she doesn’t want to hear of it. You need to shake hands from her so my husband lets her cuddle him… any hoo I came totally 100% shomer Torah and mitzvos 3 years a go. When I met my husband.

Fun fact I always said in these times that I was frum one day and the other day not, that I was a BT who was OTD

Last edited by Chickensoupprof on Mon, Jul 12 2021, 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Jul 12 2021, 6:12 pm
GLUE wrote:
Just something I always wondered in NY there are a lot of rivers that the name ends with Kill. It is said that it is a Dutch word(the Dutch were in NY for a wile before the English came) What does that word mean?

I googled it

As a body of water, a kill is a creek. The word comes from the Middle Dutch kille, meaning "riverbed" or "water channel". The term is used in areas of Dutch influence in the Delaware and Hudson Valleys and other areas of the former New Netherland colony of Dutch America to describe a strait, river, or arm of the sea

Middle Dutch is not spoken anymore.

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 4:19 pm
Bump (I really need to find another hobby)

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 4:20 pm
What hobbies do you want to find? :-)

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 4:24 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
What hobbies do you want to find? :-)
meh I love already cooking and baking and being in the fitness and listening to shiurim… I think I would love to earn money so I can get more makeup stuff and change myself , I also want to travel. Taking courses in massages maybe. If I would live in the USA I would maybe apply at ezras nashim

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 4:25 pm
Where do you live?

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 4:29 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Where do you live?

Nijmegen Netherlands 🇳🇱

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 5:14 pm
Whoah that's so cool! What's it like there? How big is the Jewish community?

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 5:49 pm
Are you filthy rich or just a plain billionaire?

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 2:33 am
Your husband grew up religious?
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics