Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Plane

hcrbg

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:51 pm
I will imir tz’Hashem be going to ca for succos from the East coast I am nervous how my dh and I will manage with three kids k’nayna hara. Ages. 3,20 months and 5 months k’nayna hara. If anyone has any ideas

SG18

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 9:17 pm
Not a toddler, but flying with my 4 month old to Israel next Monday. She has her own seat, so we're bringing her car seat, and my plan is pretty much to nurse as much as possible. I can let you know what else we end up doing, if you'd like Smile

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 9:40 pm
Just flew back with my kids from Israel (20 month old, 3.5 year old and older kids). Bring so many snacks! I’ve flown with 5 month old to Israel, it’s the best age, just nursed and snuggled and tried to get the bassinet seat if that’s possible. Divide and conquer between you and dh. I don’t usually give treats but I let them have a lollipop for take off and landing to help with ear discomfort.
To keep busy we packed snacks (raisin boxes, sliced fruit, pretzels and juice etc). Our flight didn’t provide juice that was kosher. Little tzachky toys from the dollar store. Tape was fun for them. Balloons that weren’t blown up. Got a free 30 days trial for YouTube premium and downloaded some coconelon videos.
Hope that helps!

Window

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 9:56 pm
Buy seats for all of them and bring their car seats. It’ll contain them well, they’ll be comfortable and you’ll all be able to sleep.
Figure out some way to bring a double stroller (with a boogie board is a good idea, too), pile the car seats on top, and possibly baby wear to get you all through the airport. Lots of snacks and toys!!

amother
Winterberry

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:02 pm
We went to California from NY a couple of years ago with 3 kids, although the ages were different. Have you ever flown before with kids?

Let's see, you will need to buy a seat for the 3 year old and it would probably be a good idea to buy another seat for the 20 month old if you can afford it. Otherwise you and DH will both have lap children and that will be extremely difficult. Consider baby wearing the little one so you'll have your hands free.

Pack lots of snacks and some changes of clothing for everyone. I don't know what it is about flying, but babies always seem to have blowout diapers at the worst moments. Bring cheap entertainment items that you don't mind losing because the kids will drop them and they will roll under the seats and disappear.

What are you going to do about car seats on the other end? Are you bringing with you or renting/borrowing in California? We found this useful for transporting a car seat through the airport: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....8527a

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:03 pm
Get an airplane seat harness for your toddler (and 20 month old if s/he is getting his/her own seat). Much, much safer and easier than bringing a booster or car seat; it weighs less than an lb. About $60 on Amazon (don't get the knockoff)

Bring water magic books like those by Melissa and Doug and puffy sticker books for the toddler. Lots of snacks, lollipops for take off and landing, lots of baby wipes. Toddler headphones. There are special airplane sleep mats for children, haven't tried them but might be a good idea. Bring lightweight baby carrier for your smallest one.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:30 pm
Airplane toys I bring a coloring book and crayons, stickers, one small thing of playhouse for each kid, small dollar store etchersketch.

bsy

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 10:58 pm
Airplanes only allow 1 lap child per row. So you cannot get 3 seats (ABC) and hold 2 children. There are only 4 oxygen masks in each row
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics