Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I'm chickensoupprof AMA
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 8:19 am
amother [ Leaf ] wrote:
Do you plan to move when you have children who need schools? Where would you like to go, and why?
yeah I think I move to Amsterdam if not we might move to london I also would like Antwerp but we don’t have ties there as in family or so

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 8:23 am
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:
What kind of questions are off limits?

Don’t know 🤷‍♀️

naomi2

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 8:27 am
How did you become religious?
Do you have any siblings?

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 9:38 am
naomi2 wrote:
How did you become religious?
Do you have any siblings?

De answer to the first question can be find on page 1.
I have one little brother he is 22, studies to be a chemistry teacher and in spare time he is refereeing in soccer/football he is completly football addict he goes groundhopping and knows everything about the rules and transfers and everytihng.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 9:40 am
If you could be anything you wanted with no limitations, what kind of job would you have? What kind of change would you like to make in the world?

Chickensoupprof

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 9:45 am
LovesHashem wrote:
If you could be anything you wanted with no limitations, what kind of job would you have? What kind of change would you like to make in the world?
Hmm.... I think I would working in social work/social security helping people who are less fortunate. CPS maybe that kind of stuff.

EDIT I think I also would be something like a morah, or doing one on one counseling with a child.

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 4:36 am
How's your relationship with your brother?
Is he okay with you being religious?

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 4:43 am
How's your relationship with your brother?
Is he okay with you being religious?

We are WhatsApping with each other daily and two weeks ago we went to the film together. In the beginning he didn’t like that I was religious… He still can make harsh comments sometimes like “didn’t knew you were sick” but that is also his humor. He though is against religious education and totally atheistic yet he wore a kippa on my wedding. He is a good guy

amother
Dandelion

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 6:09 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
We are WhatsApping with each other daily and two weeks ago we went to the film together. In the beginning he didn’t like that I was religious… He still can make harsh comments sometimes like “didn’t knew you were sick” but that is also his humor. He though is against religious education and totally atheistic yet he wore a kippa on my wedding. He is a good guy

That's so awesome that he did that for you...
Do you think that any of your family members are likely to become religious?

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 6:42 am
That's so awesome that he did that for you...
Do you think that any of your family members are likely to become religious?

I have two halachilly Jewish cousins one is gay so he would rather be found in a reform shul instead of a religious one, his twin brother is not interested he sometimes puts on teffelin for a chabad rabbi in his area. I have no contact with my aunt she always wanted to show off with being Jewish but didn’t want to be frum, she scolded the chabad rabbi in their area away and called my mom it was my fault, this rabbi only asked me if I knew they were Jewish their dad isn’t but I loves to act as they are. They are showing with it as in doing it as a custom but mocking me with it in public, I was at a levaya and my aunt ignored me gossiped about me because I read tehilim 🤷‍♀️ so I don’t think they become frum rather putting it as a custom while eating pork. They live in a very christian and pro Israel area so they get all the support for it.

I have another distant cousin who came out reform, my chassene was the first in the family after more then 80 years most of my fam is assimilated, find religious people outdated, not progressive, homophobic, mysgionistkc etc etc

When my grandpa died some family members were Suprised I was attending the funeral because they thought I was not allowed 🤷‍♀️

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 4:02 am
Sorry to hear about your aunt, that sounds so hurtful.
What about your father?
Is he supportive?

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 4:13 am
Sorry to hear about your aunt, that sounds so hurtful.
What about your father?
Is he supportive?

My father is fine Bh.

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 9:07 am
I'm always so impressed and amazed by people that are brave enough to change their whole lifestyle...
What are some of your favorite things about being religious?

Chickensoupprof

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 12:08 pm
I'm always so impressed and amazed by people that are brave enough to change their whole lifestyle...
What are some of your favorite things about being religious?
Sounds really lubavitch though… but it’s that you take the Godly thing out of something what doesn’t seem godly. If I make a brocha of a cup of tea, I bless not only HaShem but also whole the supermarket where I got the tea, the designer of the box, the tea factory and the people who picked the tea leaves in India. They are all including in one brocha. Every has a meaning I’ve studied religion studies a while and Judaism is the only thing what has one Gd and that one is everywhere and even the silliest smallest thing are part of the creation. And it seems that everything fits.

Rav Ball shlita showed my husband a part of the parashot which are read in the 3 weeks and you see no white line in any of the holidays he told my husband in that Baal Korei book forgot the Hebrew name… you see only a white line between Shavuous and Rosh hashana because Iyh the new holiday which will come speedy in our days will be written in that white line. I find those things amazing

Chickensoupprof

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:28 pm
cuz of the facebook/insta/whatsapp shutdown I open this thread again... just for fun... I'm bored even though It's nearly bedtime for me.

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 2:44 pm
Still nothing 😆

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 3:44 pm
Would you ever consider moving to the NY/NJ frum area?

geemum

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 4:59 pm
Where do you get kosher food from?

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 5:11 pm
Do u wear a wig or a tichel?

Chickensoupprof

Post Wed, Oct 06 2021, 5:30 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Would you ever consider moving to the NY/NJ frum area?

No I’m European I only move within europe however my husband is American (dual citizenship) so it would fly… but America meh… will visit there though
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics