Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Real pearl earrings

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:12 pm
Hi! Does anyone know of a very affordable place to get real pearl earrings for dd? We tried all the different types and her ear got infected... In the Lakewood area please. Thanks very much in advance!!!

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:15 pm
Whatever you do, make sure she DOES NOT wear them in her shidduch resume picture.

amother
Azalea

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:17 pm
Do you mean real silver or gold earrings? As opposed to the cheaper nickel?

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:24 pm
As posted, it is not the pearl that is the issue. It is almost certainly the metal piece that goes through the ear and the back that attaches.

I have a horrendous allergy to nickel - will develop a rash from a bracelet, watch or necklace. In my ears any non-gold earrings will cause me to itch and then they will become infected. I can get away with it by coating the metal thing that goes through the ear with Bacitrin or other antibiotic ointment which will enable me to wear the earrings for a longer period of time without issues.

In terms of "real pearl" there are cultured pearls that are real pearls produced in oysters and they will have gold findings.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 8:27 pm
I don't know. We tried the hypoallergenic and coated pearl earrings but her ears are EXTREMELY sensitive!!( as are mine which is why I'm currently not wearing any, it's too costly to buy a pair...) Thanks!!

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 5:12 pm
Amarante wrote:
As posted, it is not the pearl that is the issue. It is almost certainly the metal piece that goes through the ear and the back that attaches.

I have a horrendous allergy to nickel - will develop a rash from a bracelet, watch or necklace. In my ears any non-gold earrings will cause me to itch and then they will become infected. I can get away with it by coating the metal thing that goes through the ear with Bacitrin or other antibiotic ointment which will enable me to wear the earrings for a longer period of time without issues.

In terms of "real pearl" there are cultured pearls that are real pearls produced in oysters and they will have gold findings.

I will itch get hives down my neck and infections from anything except for 18 karat gold and up and platinum or surgical steel. 14 karat gold has other metals in it too.

small bean

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 5:28 pm
Overstock. Real gold, real pearl..very affordable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics