Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Water forming on ceiling of veggie bin in fridge what to do?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 5:50 pm
There's water forming on the ceiling of the vegetable bins in the fridge. What can prevent that?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 7:13 pm
call a repairman to unblock the drain. your fridge might stop working if you let it go long enough

zaq

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 7:55 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
call a repairman to unblock the drain. your fridge might stop working if you let it go long enough

She has condensation "on the ceiling" of the veggie bin, not water leaking into the fridge from the freezer compartment. My guess is she has a lot of watery veggies in there giving off water vapor. Try lining the bin or wrapping the produce with absorbent material like newspaper or flannel (or paper towels if you must). Not plastic bags, which foster rotting. Also, check this out: https://products.geappliances......19186

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 24 2021, 9:02 pm
zaq wrote:
She has condensation "on the ceiling" of the veggie bin, not water leaking into the fridge from the freezer compartment. My guess is she has a lot of watery veggies in there giving off water vapor. Try lining the bin or wrapping the produce with absorbent material like newspaper or flannel (or paper towels if you must). Not plastic bags, which foster rotting. Also, check this out: https://products.geappliances......19186

This. I keep my produce drawer lined (though I don't seem to need the absorbent lining in my fruit drawer).

etky

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:32 am
ra_mom wrote:
This. I keep my produce drawer lined (though I don't seem to need the absorbent lining in my fruit drawer).

Same.
I think fruit just doesn't emit the same type of moisture as cucumbers, zucchini and leafy vegetables.
I line my vegetable bin with paper towels and wrap cucumbers individually.
Plastic bags are the big no-no as Zaq said.
Also, sometimes there is an adjustable humidity control for the bins that you can adjust to the drier setting.
I still get some condensation on the glass above the veggie bin and I have to wipe it down about once or twice a week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics