Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pls recommend COMFORTABLE masks for children
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 5:46 am
My 1st grader is being forced to wear a mask at school. Please recommend comfortable masks I can buy for him. It doesn’t need to be thick or “work.” This is not our choice.

salt

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 6:08 am
Regular disposable masks are the best.
In Israel you can buy children's sizes, otherwise they may have to tie the strings a bit shorter.
You can also get fun designs for kids.

amother
Clover

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 6:17 am
Buy whatever his classmates will have and don't give over your feelings of frustration with it. It will be easier for him that way and he won't feel different.

OBnursemom

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 7:57 am
Target has disposable kiddy masks with cute designs. Sizewise- the small fits my 2 year old up to my 10 year old- YMMV with different kid sizes obviously.

https://www.target.com/p/just-.....metab

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 8:26 am
Nothing "works". "Working" is just to make young people suffer because old and sick people don't want to suffer alone.

The old "if I go down, I'm taking you with me" mentality. I would have thought peiple would have been better than hurting children, but NO.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 9:06 am
OBnursemom wrote:
Target has disposable kiddy masks with cute designs. Sizewise- the small fits my 2 year old up to my 10 year old- YMMV with different kid sizes obviously.

https://www.target.com/p/just-.....metab

We’ve also been happy with these. My toddler also likes the crayola reusable ones but they’re very small

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 9:40 am
CissyLala online
Check out her site
She is often out of stock or low on stock
But try

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 9:41 am
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Nothing "works". "Working" is just to make young people suffer because old and sick people don't want to suffer alone.

The old "if I go down, I'm taking you with me" mentality. I would have thought peiple would have been better than hurting children, but NO.

I'm with you. I'm looking specifically for something like mesh. He needs to breath.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 9:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm with you. I'm looking specifically for something like mesh. He needs to breath.

We just flew and some of my family members wore a mesh mask.
They said it made a huge difference in terms of breathing.

Actually it was gauze. And it was bought from Amazon.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Aug 25 2021, 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 9:46 am
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....c22cd

I use this, by far the most comfortable Mask I tried

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 9:48 am
amother [ PlumPink ] wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....c22cd

No, that looks sweaty.
Try gauze.

newly

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 9:51 am
Fakemaskusa.com has super comfortable masks. They are mesh and you can actually breathe.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 10:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

CissyLala is mesh

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 10:19 am
newly wrote:
Fakemaskusa.com has super comfortable masks. They are mesh and you can actually breathe.

Did you try the double layer ones? I feel like the sheer one will earn me dirty looks at work. Are they really breathable and comfortable?

amother
PlumPink

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:21 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
No, that looks sweaty.
Try gauze.

Not sweaty at all, it's mesh. I wear it daily. I don't receive commission lol I'm just so happy with it. Also super comfy around ears

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:37 pm
This is a disgusting thread. It is especially disgusting considering we are all frum people who are supposed to guard our own and each others health. You are sending your children to a frum school to learn Torah and good middos. What chinuch is it to have your kid cheat the school rules & possibly spread disease?

Do NOT cheat the mask mandate by wearing "fake masks" and risk making others sick. If you don't like your school's rules change schools!

amother
Eggshell

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 1:38 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
This is a disgusting thread. It is especially disgusting considering we are all frum people who are supposed to guard our own and each others health. You are sending your children to a frum school to learn Torah and good middos. What chinuch is it to have your kid cheat the school rules & possibly spread disease?

Do NOT cheat the mask mandate by wearing "fake masks" and risk making others sick. If you don't like your school's rules change schools!

Maybe the "mask police" should be going around to check and issue passes to those people whose masks pass inspection.

In any case I don't think this post is about cheating rules. It's about providing kids with comfortable masks they can wear all day. My son gets extremely nauseous when he wears masks. Shouldn't I try to find him something he will be comfortable in, or does his health not count?

amother
NeonGreen

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 2:31 pm
What an amazing thread! Parents who care about their kids and who are trying to keep them comfortable despite the insane and unfair rule that kids must be masked. I’m a big follower for rules and a very honest person and will definitely “cheat” and encourage others to “cheat” when it comes to masking kids.

Masking kids is abusive and unfair to them.
Many kids suffered this past year due to the masking mandates.

Op, you can take out the layers of the mask so it’s just one layer. That has been very helpful to some kids. Also makes sure the mask is cotton and or breathable.
Good luck!

GLUE

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 2:37 pm

Are you being sarcastic? If not then...

Not everyone can change schools, and it says in the Tohrah that your health comes first before everyone else, you are suppose to watch your own health before you care about everyone else.

amother
Steelblue

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 2:50 pm

Supporting child abuse is what is disgusting. Many pediatricians are now advising their patients that masks pose a multitude of risks to children. You deal with your doctor, others will deal with theirs. And many schools don't necessarily want to enforce these rules. They're gvmt mandated.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics