Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pls help tights for chunky kid

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 9:30 pm
Hi,
My daughter has to wear tights this year in school. Last year, I tried six different companies both cotton and microfiber I was not able to find ones that were comfortable for her.

They were tight by the crotch and would rip. . Others were too tight in general or too tight by the waist. others just roll down and wouldn’t stay up. She is also short for her age . She is 10 years old.

She is very active. Thanks in a Vance for any ideas or recommendations

octopus

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 9:33 pm
I don't use it myself but I've heard that condor is really good and has a good fuller fit. But it's super expensive.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 9:39 pm
Thanks maybe I will try one of those I think they are $16 a pair considering how quickly they’ve been ripping I will be very hesitant to pay that much. But good to keep in mind in case I really don’t find anything else I guess. I was wondering if any of the not Jewish brands are a better fit but I haven’t found anyone that I’ve tried them

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 1:55 am
I could have written this post!!

What we found worked is the heather microfiber me moi tights size A or B, sometimes with the elastic snipped at the tummy so it shouldn’t pinch. Not cheap either but at $6 instead of $16 a pair it’s doable. That being said I think the condor lasts longer. My dd is sensory so that’s an issue too…

There is a thick tights that is super soft that was forgiving fit but I don’t recall what it’s called. I also pretty much bought one of each and we worked our way through them.

I find non Jewish brands to be inferior quality and rip too easily.

amother
Chicory

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 2:00 am
I've found that microfiber tights stretch so much that you can get a much bigger size and it won't bag. So try sizing up 1 or 2 sizes and see if that's more comfortable.

amother
Phlox

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 3:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks maybe I will try one of those I think they are $16 a pair considering how quickly they’ve been ripping I will be very hesitant to pay that much. But good to keep in mind in case I really don’t find anything else I guess. I was wondering if any of the not Jewish brands are a better fit but I haven’t found anyone that I’ve tried them

My daughter also likes the condor. They don’t rip so fast. She has thicker ribbed ones that look like a knee sock. I can go most of the school year with 5 pairs. Machine Wash and Hang dry.

snowflake1

Post Thu, Aug 19 2021, 9:40 am
Hi everyone
I wanted to update my own thread I spoke to someone in real life and she was really helpful
She told me that the Zubee tights are good but they do rip faster than the best choice and they are expensive eight dollars apair or so.

The ones she really likes is from next direct ordered online. they did go up in price but she says they’re still worth it
for my daughter size 11-12 it is $22 for three pairs and you have to order $60 in order to get free shipping.
but she says they last six months.

I will update after we try them they are in the mail right now

amother
Midnight

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 11:15 am
How did the tights work out in the end from next direct? I have the same issue with my daughter and am looking for comfortable ribbed tights for her. TIA

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 11:45 am
My kids are older now, but I found children’s place runs very generous and fit very well.
I just googled and the microfiber the are like $5 for a 2 pack.
Worth ordering, you can always return if the don’t work.

snowflake1

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 8:53 pm
Hi,
Thanks so much for reminding me to update. The tights worked out amazing she was really happy with them they are very good cotton not too thick. They are not ribbed though but it is possible that they also sell those. The thickness is good that you can wear them for a weekday and Shabbos
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics