Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
I got a call from Amazon.
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 7:13 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
My oldest only 14, so don’t hold your breath 😂

Second bummer in one day

Kinor Dovid

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 7:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Second bummer in one day

Rolling Laughter

SmileNow

Post Wed, Aug 25 2021, 8:26 pm
This a scam. 100%.
Pitch: we overcharged you/someone stole...
Scam:They have you login (aka share screen and bogus 'permanent secure method') and type the amount of the refund you are owed... They sneakily add 2 extra 00s, making the refund in the thousand dollar amount.
Then they 'prove' that you got the extra refund. They even have you check your bank.... that they 'cant see or access'...(aka they manipulate the webpage... if you refresh it will show nothing...)
Scam pt 2: emotional manipulation how you need to save their job as they will get fired..... and in a wierd way take out the huge sum of money and send it back to them at a US address.
These US addresses are often business mail pickup locations or one time Airbnb rentals so they cant he easily tracked or found.... a person picks up the cash and takes a cut and sends the rest to the head honchos/foreign scam org who runs the whole thing...

iyar

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 3:53 pm
Thanks op!
That was great entertainment.
I sighed along with you.
Then I laughed.
But I was wondering-
Anything happen over at your house today? Any interesting calls?
I'd love to hear...

HakarasHatov

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 4:25 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Hey I got the same call!

Love this.

They called us too, but I dont understand why they hung up on us before getting and information from us

amother
Electricblue

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 4:35 pm
If you sound too smart (e.g. ask too many intelligent questions) they realize they're wasting time and move on to the next victim.

DH got a call the SSA needs to send him a new Medicare card. I told him, fine, tell them to send it. No, we need your number. I told him DON'T! They actually claimed to have a supervisor call to follow up.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 5:17 pm
I got a call today from the federal government. The whole thing. Not just one department like the IRS or the SSA. I must be very special. Unfortunately I hung up before I found out what they all wanted.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 6:29 pm
Is nobody as privileged as I, who gets DAILY phone calls from Vanessa or Rachel from auto-vehicle services about their cars extended warranty which is about to expire.

I feel so humbled and honored that Vanessa cares so much about my warranty that she actually goes through the hassle of calling me every single morning to remind me to extend my warranty.
I just wonder which car she is referring to. As far as I know, I don't own a car, but maybe my husband secretly bought me a car and is going to surprise me with it one day.
If that's the case, I wonder who's social security number I'm supposed to give Vanessa when extending the warrantee, mine or my husbands.
I guess I'll give her both, just to be on the safe side.

wow, sweet old Vanessa. Calling me every day. Nobody else in my life calls on a daily basis to remind me about important stuff. I should really give her my bank account info, in case she wants to put the warrantee (of the car I don't own) on auto-pay.
I'm sure that'll make Vanessa's life easier.

Poor Vanessa. Do you know that she doesn't even own a phone. She borrows someone else's phone every day. Each time she calls, a different number comes up on the caller ID. I wonder if I can ship Vanessa a phone, but the poor women is so shy and humble, she wouldn't even tell me where she is located...

I wonder what Vanessa is going through. She seems to have difficulty speaking. Her voice always sounds computerized. Oy, Vanessa must be really ill. She must be using type to speech. I should really wire her in some money for her treatment.

Well, I'm just getting a bit carried away here. the point is, It feels awesome to have such a dear friend who sincerely cares about the little details in my life. Thank you vanessa. You're the best.

amother
Maple

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 6:34 pm
Well, I get a call from Marriott Hotels every day thanking me for choosing them! Such hakaras hatov! It brings a tear to my eye.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 6:37 pm
amother [ Maple ] wrote:
Well, I get a call from Marriott Hotels every day thanking me for choosing them! Such hakaras hatov! It brings a tear to my eye.

Oh yes, me too! I keep blocking their numbers but they keep calling from different locations.

keym

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 6:40 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Is nobody as privileged as I, who gets DAILY phone calls from Vanessa or Rachel from auto-vehicle services about their cars extended warranty which is about to expire.

I feel so humbled and honored that Vanessa cares so much about my warranty that she actually goes through the hassle of calling me every single morning to remind me to extend my warranty.
I just wonder which car she is referring to. As far as I know, I don't own a car, but maybe my husband secretly bought me a car and is going to surprise me with it one day.
If that's the case, I wonder who's social security number I'm supposed to give Vanessa when extending the warrantee, mine or my husbands.
I guess I'll give her both, just to be on the safe side.

wow, sweet old Vanessa. Calling me every day. Nobody else in my life calls on a daily basis to remind me about important stuff. I should really give her my bank account info, in case she wants to put the warrantee (of the car I don't own) on auto-pay.
I'm sure that'll make Vanessa's life easier.

Poor Vanessa. Do you know that she doesn't even own a phone. She borrows someone else's phone every day. Each time she calls, a different number comes up on the caller ID. I wonder if I can ship Vanessa a phone, but the poor women is so shy and humble, she wouldn't even tell me where she is located...

I wonder what Vanessa is going through. She seems to have difficulty speaking. Her voice always sounds computerized. Oy, Vanessa must be really ill. She must be using type to speech. I should really wire her in some money for her treatment.

Well, I'm just getting a bit carried away here. the point is, It feels awesome to have such a dear friend who sincerely cares about the little details in my life. Thank you vanessa. You're the best.

I think that's nice that you have such a good friend.
I have one too.
Bob from Apple. My Apple warranty is about to expire. But he offers to help me out with that
He gets stumped and hangs up on me when I point out that to the best of my knowledge I have no Apple Devices.
But it's nice that he calls me a minimum of twice a week to make sure that I still don't have an Apple Device.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 6:44 pm
I am chassidish and I don’t drive. I do have a car warranty that is about to expire. I am afraid the schools will find out about it…

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 6:45 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
I am chassidish and I don’t drive. I do have a car warranty that is about to expire. I am afraid the schools will find out about it…

Your husband must have leased under your name with himself as authorized driver. Don't worry about the mosdes.

amother
Peru

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 6:47 pm
Before I start feeling friendless and lonely I’m reminding myself of my Chinese friend who is really loyal and holds very highly of me. She’s absolutely sure I understand Chinese, I’m so flattered. Its probably because I sound very smart.
She never gives up and keeps calling back- That’s loyalty!

youngishbear

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 6:56 pm
LOL

I love this thread!

I get a lot of hartzig niggunim begging me and other nashim tzidkoniyos to - I never know what exactly because I've hung up by then.

And something has to be done about the car dealerships accusing voila chassidish veiblech of owning cars. Where exactly do they think I'd park it if I had one?

(Come to think of it, I suspect that's the real origin of the driving ban. Imagine if every family in Boro Park and Williamsburg had to park not one but two Honda Odysseys!)

shanie5

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 8:03 pm
I got an email from wells fargo saying there was a problem with my final car payment. And if not taken care of, I will continue to incrue interest on the ampunt I owed. I had made the payment, even had the title mailed to me. So I looked up the number they said to call. Reviews were mixed between 1-scam,2- it was wells fargo trying to sell credit, and 3-yes, it's legit.

So I went to the website I made my payment from, got that number, called, and was told that the payment went thru. I'm good. Right? Nope.

A day or 2 later I get a call from "Sally from wells fargo". She wants myaccount number so she can tell me about a problem with my final payment. I say "You called me, you give me my account number" and the abbot and costello conversation begins:

Sally: "Ma'am, I have important information for you about your final car payment, can you please verify your account number"

Me: " You called me, you tell me my account number and I'll tell you if you're right"

Sally: "I can't do that maam, can you give me your SS number to verify your account?"

Me: "NO! you called me. It's common knowledge that a person does not give information to someone who calls them. That not safe or smart"

Sally: "Ma'am, I cannot give you information unless you verify your account or ss #"

Me: "Well I cannot give YOU information if you can't verify my info to me"

Sally: "Ok ma'am, why don't we hang up and you call wells fargo yourself and verify your info so we can fix the problem with your final car payment"

Me: " I already did that and they said the payment was made. There is no reason to call them again"

Sally: "There is a problem, but you need to verify your account number before I can talk to you about it"

Me: "And you need to verify that yu have my info cuz I AM NOT GIVING INFORMATION TO SOMEONE WHO CALLS ME CLAIMING THEY HAVE IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ME!"

Affter about 10 minutes of going in circles I finally say : "Look, we are going in circles here and getting nowhere, so I am hanging up-goodbye"

Then dh says "why don't you call the bank and see if the payment went through that way?"
Good idea.
The payment had not gone through.

So I called wells fargo myself and spoke to someone. I told him of my crazy conversation with Sally. He explained to me that there had been a computer glitch the day my final payment should have gone thru, and one of the things affected was the final car payments. They are only now (about 6 weeks after the glitch) getting to that part of the problem and fixing it. And not all departments know about it which is why the first time I called I was told the payment was made. I told him they needed a better way to let people know cuz theirs was ridiculous! He agreed. And then forwarded me to the right dept to speak to (BH it wasn't sally who answered) and I re-authorized that final payment.

pause

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 8:06 pm
I'm afraid that Jeff from Amazon, whoever he is, is outranking Toivye Meir Neiman in popularity. I better tell Toivye Meir next time he calls, he should talk to this Jeff guy and see why so many people are so farkoift for him. Maybe Toivye Meir can improve his popularity.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 8:15 pm
Marriott never called me. Now I'm having fomo.
Do you think its some conspiracy?
Can someone tell them that even Amazon called me and that I'm definitely worthy of their services?

Please don't mention the couch or the smallish car.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics