Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
A yummy, sweet chicken recipe using cutlets?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 5:35 pm
It doesn't have to be only sweet but maybe something with honey in it bc it's rosh hashono.

I'm also serving meat (pickled brisket) with a sweet n sour sauce, honey roasted potatoes, onion pastry kugel, salad.
Maybe carrot muffins.

Or any nice recipe using cutlets (shnitzel) that I can make tomorrow , and freeze. Tia

Eta: something that little kids may eat.
I like to accommodate. For shavuos I made plain breaded shnitzel for the kids and added a sauce for the adults.

mha3484

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 10:02 pm
This recipe was great. https://soulandstreusel.com/ho.....atsu/ Everyone liked it kids and adults

TCR

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 12:21 am
mha3484 wrote:
This recipe was great. https://soulandstreusel.com/ho.....atsu/ Everyone liked it kids and adults

looks delish but keep in mind that it has vinegar, which is something that not everyone uses for rosh hashana

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 12:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It doesn't have to be only sweet but maybe something with honey in it bc it's rosh hashono.

I'm also serving meat (pickled brisket) with a sweet n sour sauce, honey roasted potatoes, onion pastry kugel, salad.
Maybe carrot muffins.

Or any nice recipe using cutlets (shnitzel) that I can make tomorrow , and freeze. Tia

Eta: something that little kids may eat.
I like to accommodate. For shavuos I made plain breaded shnitzel for the kids and added a sauce for the adults.

I once tasted this by someone- regular fried or baked shnitzel that she re-warmed in a sauce made of apricot jelly mixed with mayo and onion soup mix. was really good

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 12:43 am
This was fantastic and very easy:

Honey Drizzled Shnitzel

Mix chicken chunks with flavored corn flakes crumbs
Spread on baking sheet
Spray with oil and drizzle with honey
Bake 15 min
Mix, add more oil and honey; bake another 15 minutes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur