Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Please advice. Covid positive.
Previous  1  2

DrMom

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 1:11 am
In Israel, nobody should be coming to work when he is covid positive! Everybody with whom he is in contact will be sent to quarantine.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 1:32 am
DrMom wrote:
In Israel, nobody should be coming to work when he is covid positive! Everybody with whom he is in contact will be sent to quarantine.

I tested positive for 2 months. I was told it’s a non issue once I was ten days into symptoms and forsure not ten days after positive test. Still had a barking cough btw. I happen to be super cautious masking as well. This was guidance from very strict rule following work place.

Nowadays in NY if there’s a known exposure someone vaxxed just has to mask. We just had a positive in the family and that was the directive. The positive person is quarantined for 10 days. Otherwise all are masked and isolating/ testing at first sign of symptoms.

ally

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 2:13 am
amother [ Peachpuff ] wrote:
Science shows masks lower transmission significantly and also most adults in NYS are already vaccinated or had covid. I assume it's based on that. This advise makes sense.

No it does not and it goes against all medical protocol.
The idea with Masks is to allow resumption of semi normalcy by reducing asymptomatic transmission bc the risk - benefit is sufficiently low.
If a person is confirmed positive and symptomatic the equation changes completely.

amother
Oatmeal

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 2:18 am
DrMom wrote:

Not true.
After initial positive and 10 days in bidud, with no symptoms anymore, one can leave bidud. They do NOT advise re-testing.

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 2:37 am
In Israel, you are considered recovered 10 days from testing positive (not from onset of symptoms - I guess because it's subjective), provided you are free of certain symptoms (extreme fatigue, upset stomach, increasing cough, shortness of breath, fever) for 48 hours. However, loss of sense of smell or taste, lingering cough, slight fatigue, are ok - there is no need for a negative test.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 2:43 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
I tested positive for 2 months. I was told it’s a non issue once I was ten days into symptoms and forsure not ten days after positive test. Still had a barking cough btw. I happen to be super cautious masking as well. This was guidance from very strict rule following work place.

Nowadays in NY if there’s a known exposure someone vaxxed just has to mask. We just had a positive in the family and that was the directive. The positive person is quarantined for 10 days. Otherwise all are masked and isolating/ testing at first sign of symptoms.

Also in Israel, anyone who is vaxxed is not required to quarantine if exposed to someone positive, but it is highly advised they have a PCR test 72 hours after exposure and quarantine until then (because so many people have been testing positive five months and more after their vaccine) and avoid crowds etc.

flmommy

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:21 am
In US newest protocol is 10 days from first day of symptoms as long as fever free for 24 hours OR if feeling better and test negative can leave quarantine after day 7.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:13 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

Can someone cite the source for this. NY with known exposure.

amother
Poppy

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 4:38 pm
Bump

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Sep 14 2021, 7:10 pm
I've also heard 10 days symptom free, as per the cdc
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics