Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Using the same temperature probe for Salmon and Chicken?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 8:55 am
On this site, I became aware of a kitchen thermomter with a probe (ThermoPro TP-16), that I stick into the chicken while it bakes, to see when it reaches the safe temperature. It prevents over-baking.

Lately Ive been overcooking my salmon.

Can I use the same probe for salmon and chicken or do I have to buy another one?

I use the same forks (not at the same meal) for both fish, chicken and beef appetizers.

Im asking because people dont mix fish and meat.

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:12 am
I would think it’s fine, as long as you wash it in between. We use the same plates and forks for meat and fish, as long as they’re clean.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:17 am
Always take the salmon out at least 5 minutes before you think it's done. Maybe even 10 minutes.

Salmon is a dense fish, and it will keep cooking for several minutes. If you plan on reheating it on the plata, definitely take it out 10 minutes early. It should still look a little wet and firm inside, not flaky.

If you fish is dry, you are probably using frozen salmon. There's not a lot you can do about that, because freezing pushes all of the moisture out of the tissue. You can try to fix it by putting honey in the glaze to seal in the juices, but it still won't be like fresh salmon.

Some people use the same equipment, and some don't, so as for the thermometer I guess it just depends on your minhag.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen