Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Feet color change

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:24 pm
My babies feet alternate btwn a deep dark purple from being freezing and bright red like sun burnt frequently. Has anyone had this before? Like very extreme changes.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:29 pm
My baby’s feet used to always look purple and it wasn’t a problem. I asked my dr

happy chick

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 9:30 pm
I've never experienced anything like that. How old is the baby?
I've seen red sometimes, but it goes away after a bit. But blue/purple doesn't seem normal unless the temp is extreme and baby is freezing.
I don't think it's a reason to panic, bit I would def recommend you bring it up to your pediatrician.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Aug 29 2021, 10:01 pm
Sorry but that is not typical. Definitely should be checked out for any underlying cardiac issues.

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 9:42 am
How old is your baby? It take a bit of time for a baby's system to be able to regulate their temperature, so their extremities can look cold. They might also need to be dressed more warmly than you think they need. One of my kids has poor circulation and always needs another layer than I would put on another child.
There's no harm though in mentioning it to your dr.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 10:06 am
OP, does it look anything like this? https://www.medicinenet.com/ra.....e.htm

If the extremities are changing color, I highly suggest having DC wear warm mittens and booties. Don't take DC out in extreme weather, either too hot or too cold.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:50 pm
Now I'm getting nervous lol. He 5 months and also gets rashes a lot and now has been getting it on his chest often when he eats. I brought it up with dr and he asked me some questions and I was supposed to send a pic the next time it happened but never did. Now Im wondering if the two things are connected.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 9:50 pm
Purple feet can be normal in newborns but at five months it really should not be happening anymore. Please follow up with the doctor
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics