Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
What's for lunch? (healthy)
Previous  1  2

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Aug 10 2021, 6:34 pm
Salmon salad with quinoa (from dinner done)

imanotmommy

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:28 am
Today I have some roasted vegetables and quinoa. I'm not sure if the quinoa is good, so my backup plan is to have a lettuce salad with a couple of stuffed grape leaves (and the roasted vegetables).

ETA: The quinoa was good, and I'm so glad!
By the way, I don't usually make such "fancy" lunches. I decide to try an experiment for a few weeks, where I spend some extra time/$ than I usually would, to eat healthy lunches that I'd enjoy but the rest of my family may not. I also found someone to split some of the work with.

Last edited by imanotmommy on Wed, Aug 11 2021, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

love vegetables

Post Wed, Aug 11 2021, 11:38 am
Sounds amazing! Today will be peanut butter and crackers and vegetable salad

imanotmommy

Post Thu, Aug 12 2021, 11:50 am
Cold chicken cutlets, lettuce, stuffed grape leaves. I added the grape leaves because I ran out of dressing and don't have time to make more, and they add a lot of flavor.
The chicken wasn't amazing because it's cold, and the lettuce wasn't amazing because it was a little frozen. So, not the best lunch ever, but still good.
I did eat early today, but I thought that was a good idea because I may be eating milchigs later.

imanotmommy

Post Fri, Aug 13 2021, 2:04 pm
Today's lunch wasnt the most healthy in the world, but it still counts. And it for sure turned out better than yesterday's.
I Made sushi salad, and divided it between today and Shabbos. I just got brown sushi rice (probably won't do that much cuz it's expensive) and so I HAD to test it out today before Shabbos to make sure it's good! I chopped some avocado, cucumber, and Kani and mixed that with the rice. I also had some spicy mayo, but I made it super spicy so that I'd be eating less mayo and still have the taste. Yum yummy yum. (as an extra treat for the Shabbos one, I'll probably add a sprinkle of crispy onions)

imanotmommy

Post Tue, Aug 17 2021, 9:50 am
Forgot to say yesterday, but I had a pasta sad with sundried tomatoes, turkey, and orange pepper.
Today is sushi salad again!
I think the next two days will be some kind of quinoa salad, so if it's nothing interesting, I probably won't post

imanotmommy

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:46 am
Roasted eggplant slices. Cucumber, tomato, pickle, chickpeas. A sprinkle of feta cheese.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics