Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
S/O girls playing- underwear exposed
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 12:04 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Teaching tznius to little girls is about Chinuch, so that they will be tznius after Bas Mitzvah. Not because they have to worry about men and their thoughts when they're 5 years old. A girl wearing skirts because we are getting her used to the ideas of tznius doesn't have to worry about the monkey bars.

I have posted this many times before - we had a neighbor who was ultra RW, and he complained to us that he could see DD's knees when she was playing at the age of 10, and that we need to make her wear longer dresses. We asked our Rav and he said the man should not be looking at little girls' knees. Period. And her knee-length dresses were perfectly fine at that age.

Wow you sound so nice! If a man came to tell me how to dress my daughter I'd have alot to say back at him. I remember once when my dd5 and wearing short socks and a man walking behind us was muttering about her not being tznius, my husband muttered very loudly back at him sth about noone asked him to look.

At the same time when my girls were little I did put bike short ls or leggings under their skirts and dresses when we went to sandy places or parks, purely to protect them from getting germs because they'd sit right in the sand. It didnt occur to me as tznuus because how is it different than wearing swimsuits. And many climbing places, like ropes and slides, that I've been to the place itself says everyone needs to have legs covered, so even adults would need to either wear tights or leggings if they are wearing skirts.

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 12:13 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I don’t see how it is appropriate for your daughters to play on something called monkey bars. They are not appropriate for a Bat Melech, and it is bittul z’man when she can be focused on skills she will need in life. She should be sitting properly; watching the baby, peeling potatoes, darning socks or reading to Alte-Bubbie. You are raising vilde-chayas, not future bnos Torah and ems -B’yisrael. I would never let my sons marry a girl raised like a boy. She needs to be taught her place and role from early on. You are sending her mixed messages and creating future problems.

You forgot the sarcasm alert.
. I hope.

I take nothing for granted here.

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 12:21 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
Wow you sound so nice! If a man came to tell me how to dress my daughter I'd have alot to say back at him. I remember once when my dd5 and wearing short socks and a man walking behind us was muttering about her not being tznius, my husband muttered very loudly back at him sth about noone asked him to look.

At the same time when my girls were little I did put bike short ls or leggings under their skirts and dresses when we went to sandy places or parks, purely to protect them from getting germs because they'd sit right in the sand. It didnt occur to me as tznuus because how is it different than wearing swimsuits. And many climbing places, like ropes and slides, that I've been to the place itself says everyone needs to have legs covered, so even adults would need to either wear tights or leggings if they are wearing skirts.

Regarding the tzinius aspect I let my dd run around in bathing suit until 6. No problem with her hanging upside down and her underwear shoes.

Skirts at 3 is for chinuch in my community. (Yeshivish)

If some man is sick watching her he is sick. I’m not living my life in fear of some pervs looking. I’m not forcing my dd to wear bike shirts bec I’m scared of random men in the park.

Pinworms are more an issue kids putting hands in mouth after playing rather then sitting in sand.
When ppl go to beach they sit in sand in bathing suit no problem.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children