Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Am I going to be overweight forever :( : ( :(
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Tulip

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 12:48 pm
amother [ Molasses ] wrote:
I had the same feeling OP before I met my doctor but really don’t fear medication. Taken properly it can really help, in fact be one of the only ways to kickstart your weight loss. Weight loss medication is SHORT TERM meaning you aren’t tied down to it and won’t be on it forever. Sometimes the body needs extra help, eating less doesn’t always do the trick. Btdt.
f

pls dont advocate medicine. the goal is to be healthy and lose weight with no meds....and I do understand some ppl are in dire situations to really need meds but not most of us bec we will rely on it....besides are u the poster who said you stopped the meds bec of the bad side effects? wether it was you or someonelse, op will probably have bad side effects too...I personally have tried some meds and it has bad side effects and I wouldnt reccomend it to anyone....my endocrinologist says the goal is to lose weight naturally and IF as the poster above explained, can be tweaked to help ppl with hormonal issues....meds is NOT the answer(except for maybe someone starting at 450 lbs???)

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 1:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What did you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks?

Breakfast/lunch (I usually don’t get hungry until 11-12) is a huge salad (lettuce, peppers, cucumber, celery, olives, avocado… and some type of dressing), any type of protein (sometimes tuna salad with high fat mayo-there’s no low fat on this diet, or baked salmon, eggs, omelettes with mushrooms/you can also have cheese… tuna patties….) lots of water. Then I’m stuffed until dinner time and I have any kind of chicken or beef or fish or deli meats, hot dogs, etc and some type of hot vegetables or veggie kugel, etc. Once you’re on this for a few days and your body goes into ketosis (which you’ll notice because you’ll have to pee a lot for a day or 2) then all the hunger, appetite and cravings disappear!

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 1:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I forgot to put this in, but I exercise every day. How much fat and what types did you eat every day?

Olive oil, coconut oil, avocado…

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 1:41 pm
amother [ Lightcoral ] wrote:
That is so so hard.
I really feel for you.
I am not in your exact situation, but have related struggles.
Ever since menopause, hormonal issues have prevented me from losing any significant amount of weight, even with sticking to a really good meal plan and regular exercise. Super discouraging!
Regarding stress: have you tried stress management techniques such as mindfulness/meditation, guided imagery, yoga?
I really recommend them!
They have made a huge difference to my life.
No, but I should.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 1:43 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Breakfast/lunch (I usually don’t get hungry until 11-12) is a huge salad (lettuce, peppers, cucumber, celery, olives, avocado… and some type of dressing), any type of protein (sometimes tuna salad with high fat mayo-there’s no low fat on this diet, or baked salmon, eggs, omelettes with mushrooms/you can also have cheese… tuna patties….) lots of water. Then I’m stuffed until dinner time and I have any kind of chicken or beef or fish or deli meats, hot dogs, etc and some type of hot vegetables or veggie kugel, etc. Once you’re on this for a few days and your body goes into ketosis (which you’ll notice because you’ll have to pee a lot for a day or 2) then all the hunger, appetite and cravings disappear!
Do you eat ever eat fruit? higher carb vegetables? Do you limit your protein or fat? I'm going to try to increase my fat and decrease my carbs even more. I guess oatmeal and fruit are out?

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 1:46 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
f

pls dont advocate medicine. the goal is to be healthy and lose weight with no meds....and I do understand some ppl are in dire situations to really need meds but not most of us bec we will rely on it....besides are u the poster who said you stopped the meds bec of the bad side effects? wether it was you or someonelse, op will probably have bad side effects too...I personally have tried some meds and it has bad side effects and I wouldnt reccomend it to anyone....my endocrinologist says the goal is to lose weight naturally and IF as the poster above explained, can be tweaked to help ppl with hormonal issues....meds is NOT the answer(except for maybe someone starting at 450 lbs???)

I don’t know what post you are referring to, but if someone has a medical issue, say insulin resistance, natural isn’t going to work. And CV”S it can lead to diabetes. Of course this should be done with a doctors recommendation. I’ve tried to lose weight for years and was really suffering with low calorie diets when there could be a medical issue that needs real help. It’s like saying don’t take antibiotics for an infection it could just heal “on its own”
Medication is here to help when taken and used properly. All I’m saying is don’t fear it (believe me, I used to) if it’s a step in helping you heal. It’s not long term or addictive. It’s just a stepping stone to a healthy life.

amother
Molasses

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 1:49 pm
I’m just trying to help OP as I see her desperation thru this post. I’ve suffered so much as well. OP- did you see a real weight loss doctor? Not a nutritionist. An MD who specializes in weight loss. They can really help. Low calorie diet that doesn’t cause weight loss is pointing to an issue.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 23 2021, 6:23 pm
amother [ Molasses ] wrote:
I’m just trying to help OP as I see her desperation thru this post. I’ve suffered so much as well. OP- did you see a real weight loss doctor? Not a nutritionist. An MD who specializes in weight loss. They can really help. Low calorie diet that doesn’t cause weight loss is pointing to an issue.
Do you know of one in NY?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 1:34 pm
Another week and I didn't lose. I actually gained a little less than a pound, but that could be normal fluctuation. I tried eating more fat the last few days, but I haven't noticed a difference. It is so hard to be good week after week without any change but gain. I know it's healthy to eat this way, but really where is the deficit of calories going? Shouldn't my weight be going down at some point? Has anyone else gone through this? Is there some undiagnosed problem that would cause this? So frustrated Sad Sad

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 3:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you eat ever eat fruit? higher carb vegetables? Do you limit your protein or fat? I'm going to try to increase my fat and decrease my carbs even more. I guess oatmeal and fruit are out?

Oatmeal and fruit are out. That will not let you go into ketosis, they turn to sugar. Only lower carb veggies, no potato or sweet potato, etc. and yes you need a lot of healthy fats every day plus lots of water… I don’t limit my protein or fats now, but when I started I did the strictly keto diet and did weigh and measure but after losing like the first 25 lbs, I stopped weighing and measuring and now eat any amount I want, but it’s hard to get in enough fat when you don’t because you don’t realize you’re not having enough and you really need a lot.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 3:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Another week and I didn't lose. I actually gained a little less than a pound, but that could be normal fluctuation. I tried eating more fat the last few days, but I haven't noticed a difference. It is so hard to be good week after week without any change but gain. I know it's healthy to eat this way, but really where is the deficit of calories going? Shouldn't my weight be going down at some point? Has anyone else gone through this? Is there some undiagnosed problem that would cause this? So frustrated Sad Sad

Stop weighing yourself every day! There are times when the scale shows I gained (could be water retention, hormonal, needing bathroom, normal fluctuations) and then suddenly I see a big loss… just stick to it and you will see major change.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 3:55 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Stop weighing yourself every day! There are times when the scale shows I gained (could be water retention, hormonal, needing bathroom, normal fluctuations) and then suddenly I see a big loss… just stick to it and you will see major change.

Though I agree with this advice, I think it can also be helpful to weigh yourself multiple times a day. This way you can see how much fluctuation there is.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 2:15 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

Exactly this.

I weigh myself the same time every week, after using the bathroom, before eating or drinking.

That's your most accurate weight.

I occasionally weigh myself 1-2 days before and I get upset that I haven't lost. But then, the scale does move.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:15 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I usually weigh only once a week. Still not losing - more than a month of not losing/gaining weight. I don't get how that can even happen?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:15 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Exactly this.

I weigh myself the same time every week, after using the bathroom, before eating or drinking.

That's your most accurate weight.

I occasionally weigh myself 1-2 days before and I get upset that I haven't lost. But then, the scale does move.
This is exactly how I weigh myself once a week usually and still nothing.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise