Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
First Rosh Hashanah as a mom

oakandfig19

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 1:44 pm
Suggestions on how I can make Rosh Hashanah meaningful as a new mom? I’ll be home all day with my 5 month old. I love going to shul for Rosh Hashanah and I’m sad to be missing it.

#Happymom

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 3:08 pm
get together with a friend or neighbour who also has little kids. Maybe you could take turns watching the kids for an hour so the other could have some time to daven.
or, just get together with others so you aren't so bored when your baby's up and you can't do much else

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 3:13 pm
I go to shul my baby will be 6 months we have paid child care. I go every year except for last year. Its so good for my ruchius.

Good Friend

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 3:13 pm
Daven while she's asleep and sing the davening out loud while you take care of her when she's awake.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 3:17 pm
Husband goes to hashkama and when he comes home he watches the baby and you go to shul

hodeez

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 3:38 pm
I haven't been to shul for yomim noraim in so long. I daven what I can at home and talk to my kids about the holiness of the day. The more we talk about it the more awesome it becomes for me.

oakandfig19

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 3:50 pm
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Just adding that since we want to spend Yom tov with family, we’re going to be kind of a far walk from shul so it’s not really an option for me to go. Everyone else will be going to shul but I’ll be staying home to watch my baby. I also don’t know anyone in the neighborhood.

dena613

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 3:55 pm
I was a also a huge shui goer.
I want to say "lower your expectations" , but I think even more apropos would be, "don't expect to daven mucb, not even at home. "

I hope that's not too harsh..

Switching off with neighbors doesn't always eofk, bringing baby and standing by the door definitely don't try for shmone esrei...
That being said, I DID have years with little kids and little babies that I was able to be in shull for Bout an hour at a time.

So there's hope!! But be realistic.

Most years I daven mussaf shmone esrei after Friday when dh is home.

amother
Mocha

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 3:58 pm
It's a huge adjustment, and it is a difficult switch in mindset. But your current role is not to be in shul. Hashem has handpicked you to care for your beautiful child instead of davening to Him in shul this year. This is your ideal form of avodas Hashem.

Ideally, if you are up to it, you can prepare for RH through cheshbon hanefesh, working on a middah, extra tefillos throughout the day, or listening to heartful niggunim (I actually have a CD of yamim noraim davening that I listen to to help get me into the proper mindset.)

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 5:26 pm
Get some relaxing substantial reading material. Mazel tov!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur