Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kitchen table

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 26 2021, 10:29 pm
I need a new kitchen table.

wheres the best place to buy one? I don't want one thats crazy expensive but doesn't have to be lowest end.

what do you find it the most practical table top? (glass is horrible, shows everything and needs to be windexed every 3 seconds). I need something my kids can abuse and will look decent without me cleaning it every moment. but I do want it to look beautiful

any ideas?

challahchallah

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 2:14 am
I like a wood tabletop with some variation in the grain so that small smudges or dings don’t show much. There are some really beautiful woods out there.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 8:56 am
We bought a table from a place that sells institutional furniture. I think it was called Hertz Furniture. The table came in an array of lengths and widths—it’s meant for school lunchrooms and seminars and such— and we chose the size we needed. It’s steel framed, wood grain laminate top but I think it also came in diff finishes. Twenty three years old and still looks great. Bonus is the legs fold so when we get painted or want to deep clean the floor or have the plumber in, we fold the legs and take the table out. It wasn’t dirt cheap but it wasn’t terribly expensive either. I don’t buy terribly expensive things.

Oh, well, if you want “beautiful” this isn’t it. It’s practical. It’s strong. It works. It’s easy to clean. But Architectural Digest material it’s not unless your overall decorating theme is “industrial chic.” (Yes there is such a thing.) It doesn’t look BAD, it just isn’t something you’d make as the focal point of a room.

jewishmom6

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 9:43 am
I have the white tabletop. love it.

Lovable

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 9:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need a new kitchen table.

wheres the best place to buy one? I don't want one thats crazy expensive but doesn't have to be lowest end.

what do you find it the most practical table top? (glass is horrible, shows everything and needs to be windexed every 3 seconds). I need something my kids can abuse and will look decent without me cleaning it every moment. but I do want it to look beautiful

any ideas?

I have a white frosted glass tabletop, and I love it. Does need to be windexed, buts its like any table - not every fingerprint or dirt shows because its not transparent

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Aug 27 2021, 9:49 am
You didn't mention a location, but if you're in NY then I recommend Mike's Dinettes I'm Brooklyn. They have tons of options and you can put together the look you want. I happen to have a Formica table from there and it's held up very well to heavy use.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 9:39 pm
I live in monsey. but I am new here and don't know the stores well. are there any local stores that sell custom tables (that aren't beyond a fortune?) I want something that will look classy while still being able to hide messes!

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 9:42 pm
Do you not use tablecloths? My table is always covered?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 9:47 pm
no I hate tableclothes for weekday

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 10:55 pm
Lovable wrote:
I have a white frosted glass tabletop, and I love it. Does need to be windexed, buts its like any table - not every fingerprint or dirt shows because its not transparent

Same. I have a white frosted glass tabletop. Was pretty scared to jump into buying it. I bh don't regret it. Besides the point, it blends in beautifully to my kitchen.

amother
Diamond

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 10:57 pm
another vote for the white frosted glass table.Got mine 2 yrs ago and I have 7 little ones. no regrets. I have to windex after each meal but because it's not clear you don't see fingerprints etc unless u look real close

amother
Valerian

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:52 am
I had a small space to work with and was searching for a table that would fit the space. I found in Ikea-it wasn't very expensive and so far so good. I chose a natural wood color which doesn't show dirt much.

s c

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:05 am
I also have white frosted glass table and am very happy. I clean it with a sponge or cloth with washing liquid just like I would for any other table and it looks fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen