Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Condensation on ceiling of fridge bins and plastic container

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:15 am
There's always condensation forming on the ceiling of the vegetable bins in the fridge. Sometimes there's even ice on top of the container lids that are full of vegetables or on the ceiling of the fridge bins themselves. It's hard to wipe off all the way inside. The temperature I keep it on is 37-38 F. Why does this happen and how can I prevent it? Does it have anything to do with Shabbos Mode? I have a Frigidaire and I don't have an ice maker.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:30 am
It comes from vegetables with high water content. Also will be more if drawer is stuffed. I change the (2-3 layer) paper towels at least once a week. And kirbies I stand up against the wall of the drawer, instead of one on top of the other.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:40 am
I have a cheap fridge that likes to ice up in the back, and also in the freezer compartment.

I figured out that if I sprayed cooking spray like PAM on the surfaces inside, then ice can't form on it. I did it just after Pesach (after cleaning the fridge out really well), and I still don't have any ice problems. Very Happy

This works really well for old freezers, too. Even if ice does form, if there's a layer of oil behind it the ice will pop right off in a big chunk.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:57 am
ra_mom wrote:
It comes from vegetables with high water content. Also will be more if drawer is stuffed. I change the (2-3 layer) paper towels at least once a week. And kirbies I stand up against the wall of the drawer, instead of one on top of the other.
I also change the paper towels once a week but they are full. I'm going to try standing the kirbies up.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:58 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I have a cheap fridge that likes to ice up in the back, and also in the freezer compartment.

I figured out that if I sprayed cooking spray like PAM on the surfaces inside, then ice can't form on it. I did it just after Pesach (after cleaning the fridge out really well), and I still don't have any ice problems. Very Happy

This works really well for old freezers, too. Even if ice does form, if there's a layer of oil behind it the ice will pop right off in a big chunk.
do your veggies get oily?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics