Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
What type of bag?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:06 pm
Should my 1 year old bring to the babysitter?
He needs snacks, lunch, bottle and sippy cup. Diapers and wipes she has. Do I send my old diaper bag or more like a toddler backpack?
Maybe this is a funny question but I feel silly sending my diaper bag when all he needs is food.

On a separate note, what should I send with him to eat? I usually feed him one food such as yogurt, oatmeal, etc. so that I know he's gotten something and let him eat finger foods after but I doubt the babysitter is going to sit and feed him when she has other kids to watch. What are some foods he can eat by himself that are filling and nutritious. He doesn't really take formula anymore so this is his meal.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 11:16 pm
A toddler backpack is easier for him to wear.
Easy lunches are:
A sandwich (check if the group is peanut free)
A yogurt with a bar
Macaroni
A waffle or pancake
Cereal in a bag
Pizza (my kids were fine with it room temperature)
Easy snacks:
Peeled clementine
Cereal bar
Cookie or muffin
Pretzels

Eta: I thought you wrote two year old 🤦🏻‍♀️
I don’t think a one year old can wear a backpack unless they’re at least 18 months and walk well.
My food choices would also be different if he’s closer to one than two.

amother
Candycane

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:55 am
I would get a toddler backpack as it's easier to transport than a full sized diaper bag. Make sure it's large enough to fit all his things-a lot of them are very small.
I always send sandwiches for lunch-I cut it into sticks or small squares to make it easier for my dd to eat. Also fruit or veg that he can chew on-I like cucumber sticks, cut grapes, tangerine etc. My dd also loves cheese and I sometimes send that for her lunch with pasta or similar.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:27 am
He just turned one.
He's not going to wear the bag anyways but just wondering which is more normal I guess to send.

amother
Mayflower

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 12:50 pm
At that age I often give leftovers from the previous night's supper. I have small sectioned containers with lids for milchigs and fleishigs and will cut up the food into bite size pieces before putting into the container to make it easier for the babysitter.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 12:54 pm
Use whatever type of bag you have around. An old diaper bag works fine. So does an old tote bag. You're going to be carrying it, not the baby.

ETA, I wouldn't send YOUR diaper bag. I liked that always packed and ready to go. But any old bag will do.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 4:07 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Use whatever type of bag you have around. An old diaper bag works fine. So does an old tote bag. You're going to be carrying it, not the baby.

ETA, I wouldn't send YOUR diaper bag. I liked that always packed and ready to go. But any old bag will do.

Sounds good. Thats what I'm going to do. Thank you!

suremom

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 5:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Should my 1 year old bring to the babysitter?
He needs snacks, lunch, bottle and sippy cup. Diapers and wipes she has. Do I send my old diaper bag or more like a toddler backpack?
Maybe this is a funny question but I feel silly sending my diaper bag when all he needs is food.

On a separate note, what should I send with him to eat? I usually feed him one food such as yogurt, oatmeal, etc. so that I know he's gotten something and let him eat finger foods after but I doubt the babysitter is going to sit and feed him when she has other kids to watch. What are some foods he can eat by himself that are filling and nutritious. He doesn't really take formula anymore so this is his meal.

A one year old cannot be expected to eat all by himself. Part of the services is feeding the kids. I send oatmeal, avocado mashed and then plain bread, French toast, scrambled eggs, anything that you would serve at home really.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:21 pm
Im a babysitter.
I request that parents send a combination of foods that I need to feed and foods they can feed themselves. Like a yogurt and sandwich, or a banana and oatmeal, or pasta and applesauce or whatever.
This way if 2 kids need to eat at once, I can start 1 with a sandwich broken into pieces while I feed the other their yogurt and then trade.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 7:41 pm
I send just a lunch box if I'm just sending food.

stillnewlywed

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:34 pm
I bought a small cooler bag on Amazon that I sent with my 1 year old every day. It was perfect for milk sippy cup, water sippy cup, bib, lunch container and snacks.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics