Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Siblings changing diaper
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:45 pm
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
Nothing. But he doesn't need to.

He also doesn't need not to.

amother
Begonia

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:45 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
He also doesn't need not to.

We can disagree.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 8:46 pm
Agree with begonia-
There are other ways everyone can help out

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:11 pm
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
Agree with begonia-
There are other ways everyone can help out

Me too.
Maybe if we wouldn’t expose our boys the world would be a safer place.
Instead this thread is trying to convince us otherwise- crazy!!

Let’s face it: most of the crazies are not those who are careful not to look where they shouldn’t!
And until they’re old enough to protect themselves then it’s the parents job to protect their sons. At 11 years old there is NO reason for a boy to change a little girl’s diaper unless he lost both of his parents in a car accident and landed with his little sister alone in a big wide dessert.
What

hardworking mom

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:11 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
From being an only child to now having his first sibling he wants to help out with all things baby ..

I don't know why no one said this but... that is so adorable! Big brothers are so cute when they want to take care of their little sister. May he always love her and protect her!

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:12 pm
hardworking mom wrote:
I don't know why no one said this but... that is so adorable! Big brothers are so cute when they want to take care of their little sister. May he always love her and protect her!

Amen. I also think it's great. A lot of moms wish their sons would offer.

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:16 pm
You don't keep people safe by having an attitude of presumption of guilt.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:29 pm
amother [ Natural ] wrote:
You don't keep people safe by having an attitude of presumption of guilt.

The world used to be a safer place morally 200 years ago and this thread is helping me understand why.

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:34 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
The world used to be a safer place morally 200 years ago and this thread is helping me understand why.

Dor haflaga was very moral. And it's definitely boys helping their baby sisters that caused the world to not be safe and moral. You got it.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 10:09 pm
amother [ Sunflower ] wrote:
Dor haflaga was very moral. And it's definitely boys helping their baby sisters that caused the world to not be safe and moral. You got it.

I think you meant dor hamabul
I wasn’t there so I don’t know if it was caused by the diapers. Who knows.
But it definitely didn’t start from the mommies changing the diapers.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 1:54 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

Why, did the ladies of Imamother in 1821 reach a consensus regarding diaper changing, agreeing that boys should not change diapers?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 2:19 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
But they aren’t stigmatized. Halacha states stricter Yichud rules for boys than for girls. Girls cannot be alone with men starting much earlier than boys. So the greatest of Rabbis (all male BTW) created a set of rules to help protect women more than even the men when it came to yichud. If this is so important and someone decided to make an organization where boys can sign up as babysitters to help break the stigma, im sure most families wouldn’t seek them out specifically. Most here are scared to admit it but sit with yourself quitetly and just think. Dovid , age 11 to come babysit , bathe and change my darling 2 years old Baila ? sounds good? What about the moms who mentions boy counclers in camp. How often do you have a class of kids with boys helping little girls change in and out of bathing suits and rubbing sun tan lotion on their bodies. Not often. If anyone is so passionate about boy/girl equality then please open up this Boys Babysitters Club. I want to see how many would parents would hire.
Yes, there are yichud issues, but not with a baby girl. I think the age is 3, correct? So boys can, and do, babysit until that age.
When my daughter was very small, we had 2 different boys babysit for her. No issue. We didnt even think twice.
When I was growing up, me and my siblings had an amazing male babysitter. There were no yichud issues as it was a few siblings and the babysitter.
And Im sorry that you have never seen a male counselor working with little girls. I have and its all fine.

All male teens are not perverts or pedophiles. Many are good boys that love working with kids.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 2:22 am
amother [ Begonia ] wrote:
The issue is with a boy seeing a female private part. He doesn't need to.
Again, why are people 2exualizing things that are not 2exual?

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 2:26 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Me too.
Maybe if we wouldn’t expose our boys the world would be a safer place.
Instead this thread is trying to convince us otherwise- crazy!!

Let’s face it: most of the crazies are not those who are careful not to look where they shouldn’t!
And until they’re old enough to protect themselves then it’s the parents job to protect their sons. At 11 years old there is NO reason for a boy to change a little girl’s diaper unless he lost both of his parents in a car accident and landed with his little sister alone in a big wide dessert.
What
Good grief, why so dramatic? So do you never leave an older male sibling home alone with a younger female sibling? And if yes, what if the baby NEEDS to be changed? Just leave the kid like that till the mother comes home? Thats cruel to leave a baby in a diaper for too long.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 2:35 am
When I was growing up I would estimate that about a third of our babysitters were male. One of them taught me to play chess. None of them did anything inappropriate. Generally I liked it when they came, and they tended to be great babysitters - probably because they really wanted to do it, and weren't just following social expectations.

amother
Whitewash

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 2:48 am
I know one woman who had six boys and then a girl. When the baby was a few months old, she asked her oldest to keep an eye on the baby while she went to the makolet. Probably about ten to fifteen minutes. When she got back, the baby had a new diaper. She asked her son why he had changed the diaper unnecessarily, and he shrugged and said that he wanted to know what girls look like.

She was a bit stunned, and decided that her best policy was not to make a fuss, while keeping an eye on him for the future. She had him (and the other boys) change diapers regularly after that, while she was in the room to make sure that nothing else happened. Any natural curiosity died a rapid death when faced with the details in such a mundane and regular fashion.

Today both are happily married. He changes children's diapers as necessary. She knows her brothers helped change her, and couldn't care less.

essie14

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:09 am
My teen son is one of the most popular babysitters in our neighborhood. And he's not the only boy who babysits.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics