Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
WWYD- another first time preschool mother

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 5:35 pm
My daughters birthday is the first week of Sept and the cutoff is Sept 1. Im really not the type to push ahead but she's very mature and her birthday is beginning of sept. and will be 3 this week so wanted her in the 3 yo class not 2 yo.
Only catch is she needed to be toilet trained. BH we started last Sunday and pulled it off minus #2. She told me she didnt use the bathroom today (it was a half day) and she was dry when she got home. Later when she was using the bathroom I noticed her underwear had dry pish on it. Turns out she had an accident while playing outside (I think) so no one noticed but she was too scared to ask Morah to go.
Question- would you mention to Morah? I'm nervous theyre gonna put her in the 2 yo class and I saw that class theyre really babies and besides for this she seems to be doing well (after one half day). She hasnt had an accident at home so I really think shes fine and I dont want to be a nudgy annoying first time parent but really have no idea what im doing.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 5:40 pm
No I wouldn't mention it.

keeplearning

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:09 pm
See if there is anything you can do to help her with using the bathroom at school.
-can you take her to the bathroom when you drop her off? Or at least show her where it is?
- does she need a special toilet seat from home so she'll be more comfortable?
- a little motivator waiting at home if she comes home dry...

Rachel Shira

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:27 pm
I would not say anything. She’s toilet trained, it’s normal to have some accidents especially outside when they’re not right near the bathroom. Don’t worry about it and I’m sure they’ll let you know if there’s a problem.

hcrbg

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 7:07 pm
Totally normal it’s the first day. I would mention to the Morah to please remind your daughter. Every child needs support when they use the bathroom in school for the first few times.

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 9:10 pm
It takes time to get to a new place and routine of a new school year. Sometime it upsets toilet training a bit even in older kids. Wait till things settle into routine after succos and then bring it up if it's still an issue
You can also ask the morah about her routine and if she has scheduled toilet time when all the kids have to go. That is often done at that age as many will be reluctant to go when engrossed in an activity or worried about missing out

octopus

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 2:32 am
She's probably not the only one walking around like that. I promise you in preschool, even with all the "toilet trained" kids, there are a lot of accidents, especially in the beginning. The morah will let you know if it becomes an issue.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:54 am
My dd has been trained for most of a year now and she still came home having wet herself on the first day. It's normal for them to have accidents-it's a new place, they might be nervous, they needed when they were playing outside and were too shy to ask to go etc. Usually the morahs will make sure to take all the children during the day to avoid accidents. I wouldn't make a big deal of it.
If you can, maybe go with your dd to the toilets they use and make sure she's comfortable going.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics