Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Help me please-TMI warning

SuperWify

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:30 am
I’m a big carb person who needs to lose weight. Ok. So I stop washing during the week and eat fish and salad and streak and eggs and chicken and more salad every day. Basically proteins and vegetables. Some fruit. If I really crave carbs I’ll have a few cookies.

So ok far so good.

But…

Im either very nauseous from all the heavy food or I get terrible diarrhea.

What’s a girl to do?

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:33 am
Try cutting out leafy greens and/or switching from raw to cooked vegetables. They're still healthy if steamed or roasted.

shaqued_almond

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 12:44 pm
Increase your fiber intake and drink lots of fluids

amother
Glitter

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:40 pm
How long have you been doing this? Sometimes the body just needs time to adjust.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 1:44 pm
Digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid to help metabolize all the extra fat and protein. A diet like this shouldn’t cause diarrhea, could you be reacting to something? Are you eating dairy?

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 2:04 pm
not sure about your health status, but I have family members who tried keto diet for a while & sounds like they had similar reaction to yours
eventually he got other symptoms....long story short ended up going for blood work & was told this life style was actually dangerous for him.
The Doctor suggested to follow the Mediterranean Diet. And BH he is doing much better! please google it for info, & hatzlocha!

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 5:09 pm
I so relate. Every body reacts differently to food. I was once told by an excellent doctor of alternative medicine that a lot of veg is too harsh on my stomache... He was right as I would often have diarrhoea on a day I ate a lot of salad.

I also notice certain fruits seem to acidic for me, they irritate my stomache.
I would say, speak to a nutritionist to create a food plan that works for you, or someone who can dowse to find out what is best for you personally.

And please don't cut out carbs completely! your body, (and brain!) need healthy carbs to function.

Good luck! I'm also struggling to lose weight, It 'aint easy!! Banging head

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 5:40 pm
Try to stick to "healthy" carbs, like sweet potatoes, brown rice, non-wheat pasta noodles, and things like that.

There are so many good alternative pastas out there now. I love the chickpea pasta, and buckwheat soba noodles. Chickpea works great with Italian food, and soba is perfect for noodle bowls or stir fry.

Make your own potato and sweet potato chips in the oven, with a nice sprinkle of herbs, parmesan, or just plain sea salt. They take a while to dry, but they're worth it.

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 5:57 pm
Its very normal to have diarrhea the first three days of such a diet. Its like a detox.
Do check it out if it goes on for longer!

SuperWify

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:17 pm
amother [ Glitter ] wrote:
How long have you been doing this? Sometimes the body just needs time to adjust.

Almost a month.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:18 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
Digestive enzymes and hydrochloric acid to help metabolize all the extra fat and protein. A diet like this shouldn’t cause diarrhea, could you be reacting to something? Are you eating dairy?

I’m a huge dairy person but because I’m not really eating carbs I cut my cheese intake tremendously.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:19 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:
not sure about your health status, but I have family members who tried keto diet for a while & sounds like they had similar reaction to yours
eventually he got other symptoms....long story short ended up going for blood work & was told this life style was actually dangerous for him.
The Doctor suggested to follow the Mediterranean Diet. And BH he is doing much better! please google it for info, & hatzlocha!

Oh wow. Thanks for this information. I’ll speak to my doctor.

SuperWify

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:22 pm
dreamerforever wrote:
I so relate. Every body reacts differently to food. I was once told by an excellent doctor of alternative medicine that a lot of veg is too harsh on my stomache... He was right as I would often have diarrhoea on a day I ate a lot of salad.

I also notice certain fruits seem to acidic for me, they irritate my stomache.
I would say, speak to a nutritionist to create a food plan that works for you, or someone who can dowse to find out what is best for you personally.

And please don't cut out carbs completely! your body, (and brain!) need healthy carbs to function.

Good luck! I'm also struggling to lose weight, It 'aint easy!! Banging head

Thank you. I’m definitely not cutting out it completely. I get to irritable and weak and end up craving sugar more when I don’t eat it at all. I’ll have a low calorie wrap, an occasional cookie, potatoes, bananas etc. My rule is no washing, so if we order pizza I can have just one slice with a big salad. I’m not really dieting, it’s more life style changes I’m trying to implement for a healthier and hopefully skinnier me.

Last edited by SuperWify on Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

SuperWify

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:24 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Try to stick to "healthy" carbs, like sweet potatoes, brown rice, non-wheat pasta noodles, and things like that.

There are so many good alternative pastas out there now. I love the chickpea pasta, and buckwheat soba noodles. Chickpea works great with Italian food, and soba is perfect for noodle bowls or stir fry.

Make your own potato and sweet potato chips in the oven, with a nice sprinkle of herbs, parmesan, or just plain sea salt. They take a while to dry, but they're worth it.

Yum. I will try that! I really make “chips” in the oven like that but the cheese adoring sounds delicious.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:25 pm
SuperWify wrote:
I’m a big carb person who needs to lose weight. Ok. So I stop washing during the week and eat fish and salad and streak and eggs and chicken and more salad every day. Basically proteins and vegetables. Some fruit. If I really crave carbs I’ll have a few cookies.

So ok far so good.

But…

Im either very nauseous from all the heavy food or I get terrible diarrhea.

What’s a girl to do?

It’s not so far so good. If you’re having cookies, you are undoing all the progress from being on high protein-low carb. You are taking yourself out of keto which is what makes you lose weight. Also eliminate fruits for the first few months. You may be eating too much salad every day. Do it for only one meal, switch it up with some hot veggies for another meal…

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 6:26 pm
amother [ Currant ] wrote:

My dr disagrees and said studies show the keto type is most healthy. I know ppl who’ve numbers have become great after doing keto, bp and cholesterol down, etc.

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Aug 31 2021, 11:42 pm
There is always going to be difference of opinion
at the end of the day people have to do what is good for their body type & health issues.
people have to be smart. if issues come up during any diet, they should consult their Doctor!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 12:36 am
Are you eating beans, peas, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower? Try a low fodmaps diet.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 6:06 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
It’s not so far so good. If you’re having cookies, you are undoing all the progress from being on high protein-low carb. You are taking yourself out of keto which is what makes you lose weight. Also eliminate fruits for the first few months. You may be eating too much salad every day. Do it for only one meal, switch it up with some hot veggies for another meal…

I guess you missed the part where I said I’m I’m not on a diet. I’m just trying to implement more proteins, more vegetables and much less carbs into my life. I guess you’d call it a low carb diet if you must call it something.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 9:01 am
amother [ Razzmatazz ] wrote:
Are you eating beans, peas, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower? Try a low fodmaps diet.

I do not not too much. Those will just make more bathroom issues TMI
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise