Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Is no body held accountable?!?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 12:45 pm
I literally have full time help because of this. And all my kids are school age. I have a real job and can’t be stressed about the erratic school schedules. Honestly I don’t know how anyone can work a real job with kids in school without someone in the house full time

amother
Chestnut

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 1:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This started out as a vent but not I’m just getting defensive and more annoyed. Bye for now ...

Why are you getting all frustrated? Why are you surprised about all this? Doesn't this fit right into the unsustainable system we have set up?

We don't properly prepare our kids for marriage in a financial sense. We marry them off young before they've had a chance to build a financial foundation. We teach our kids that men should sit and learn and that the women should work. We encourage large families. Yet, we charge high tuition rates for that very large family, all the while encouraging the women to work (either for kollel or to help pay those large bills). And then we just ignore all the working women needs. When the working women complain, we downplay their frustration by cherry picking an isolated benefit of the system. Or just tell them that they're wrong because it's only the schools' needs that need to be accommodated and that you're an ungrateful person for not appreciating the school.

I don't know why you haven't gotten the memo just yet. Women are supposed to tear themselves apart, or make clones of themselves and be able to be in multiple places at one time. Or just have a nervous breakdown. But don't worry, after you have a nervous breakdown there will be many organizations and people suddenly appearing to lend a hand.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 1:02 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
Why are you getting all frustrated? Why are you surprised about all this? Doesn't this fit right into the unsustainable system we have set up?

We don't properly prepare our kids for marriage in a financial sense. We marry them off young before they've had a chance to build a financial foundation. We teach our kids that men should sit and learn and that the women should work. We encourage large families. Yet, we charge high tuition rates for that very large family, all the while encouraging the women to work (either for kollel or to help pay those large bills). And then we just ignore all the working women needs. When the working women complain, we downplay their frustration by cherry picking an isolated benefit of the system. Or just tell them that they're wrong because it's only the schools' needs that need to be accommodated and that you're an ungrateful person for not appreciating the school.

I don't know why you haven't gotten the memo just yet. Women are supposed to tear themselves apart, or make clones of themselves and be able to be in multiple places at one time. Or just have a nervous breakdown. But don't worry, after you have a nervous breakdown there will be many organizations and people suddenly appearing to lend a hand.
I know it's not a funny matter but your post did make me lol! Thanks (you put it down really good)

amother
IndianRed

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 4:40 pm

Na. The organizations only help the physically sick and the orphaned. Please direct me to the ones that help with any expenses related to mental health.

amother
NeonGreen

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 6:48 pm

this! your post made me laugh too bec sadly its true....I can relate to everything you wrote

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Aug 30 2021, 7:27 pm
amother [ IndianRed ] wrote:
Na. The organizations only help the physically sick and the orphaned. Please direct me to the ones that help with any expenses related to mental health.

I was about to say this! Sadly I have not found much help for when a family falls apart.

In general I feel that there is a lack of understanding of the strain that our lifestyle puts on the bottom 50% of resources (whether emotional, financial, physical, etc.)

amother
Banana

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
RESIDENCY Covid-19 Covid-19

ETA: if DH is on call In the ER and the Morah comes in maybe he’ll conveniently take off that day.
Jk, it’s elul I should really calm down

Op, just wanted to chime in on bolded. Just spent an extended period in the PICU and my, the residents like literally live there... so thank you, lots of hugs and strength to you to get through the next couple of years....

And sorry about the extra frustration with the babysitting challenge.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:34 pm
Op said she's paying close to $450/month...
Not sure how it became $540!

Which calendar is your teacher following?
I'm a morah and I follow a school calendar. I can't decide to open a day late cause I feel like it!
Ladies when you register ask Which school calendar will you be following and then check if it works with your schedule!
It is upsetting and costly to find childcare for days school is not open unfortunately as much as ppl complain about it there's no real solution unless you send to a daycare open all the time including erev yom tov and school vacation but those are very costly too.
I think a private morah with extra babysitting is more of a hassle but cost wise probably cheaper although I've never done the math!!!

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:09 pm
Op, just here to say you are absolutely right and I feel your pain 100%! Nothing is changing and it is so so wrong that schools and morahs can literally do whatever they want and we’re terrible ingrates if we complain. Validated. And I taught for many years.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:14 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Op said she's paying close to $450/month...
Not sure how it became $540!
!!!

Just came back. Seems like the thread took a bit of a diff turn. I appreciate all of the validation!!! Thank u!
PP- if became $540 cuz I paid $90 for someone to watch baby today that’s why I was saying the month of September is costing me $540 in babysitting for him. Reg work day, everyone else open. She’s opts out and it’s our loss.. which other business works this way?!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics