Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Finding Tznius Clothes

Privet!

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:40 pm
Finding Tznius clothing is too hard. If I wanted to spend a few hours in H&M, I would. But I don't want to, so I've been wearing the same clothing for three years and my last shirt has a hole.

Muslim sites have tznius clothes (BH for eastessence.com and https://www.modanisa.com/), but that's expensive. Also, shells are irritating and scratchy and it's too hot for them.

Where do people find tznius clothes? Is there such a miracle as tznius clothing with pockets?

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:57 pm
I wear pea bee and jae modal or avanti (going out of business) shells. they are super comfortable.

amother
Firethorn

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 3:57 pm
I don't know your style but I've bought tznius skirts with pockets on amazon.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:01 pm
Uniqlo often has midi skirts with pockets

I don’t find it that hard to find tznius clothes online that I’d have to resort to Muslim sites. Especially with styles being as they are now. It will take a lot of orders and returns to find stuff that fits well but that is more about my shape than about tznius. I shop almost exclusively online for myself, and not on Jewish sites

icebreaker

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:11 pm
I’m plus size and don’t find it hard at all to find tznius clothing outside of Jewish stores. H&M won’t take you hours to find something. A lot of what’s in-store now is geared for fall and winter, so lots of mock necks, sweaters. I saw pleated midi skirts, blazers, lots of tznius things. Target has a good selection, heck even Walmart, too. Kohl’s has nice things, Macy’s, Nordstrom.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:41 pm
I just bought 2 beautiful dresses from asos
im usually a size 6 I bought a size 4
size down and its a nice fitted look

https://www.asos.com/us/asos-d.....rders

https://www.asos.com/us/asos-d.....rders

amother
Butterscotch

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 4:58 pm
I don’t wear pockets but I have no problem at all buying and wearing tznius clothing from
Mass merchants (meaning non frum stores) None at all

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:00 pm
Ruthie's and Junees both have websites. Amazon has tons of modest skirts. Target has some long gathered skirts. Ross Dress for Less may have sleeveless dresses that need a shell.
It depends on where you live. I have bought tznius clothing in Rainbow Shop which is a large chain that I think is Jewish owned. Burlington coat factory also has lots of choices.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:03 pm
Privet! wrote:
Finding Tznius clothing is too hard. If I wanted to spend a few hours in H&M, I would. But I don't want to, so I've been wearing the same clothing for three years and my last shirt has a hole.

Muslim sites have tznius clothes (BH for eastessence.com and https://www.modanisa.com/), but that's expensive. Also, shells are irritating and scratchy and it's too hot for them.

Where do people find tznius clothes? Is there such a miracle as tznius clothing with pockets?

Much of the stuff on the Muslim site looks like Muslim styles.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 5:37 pm
You can try frumshopper.com or metziahs.com for ideas/links. You can try looking online and ordering a bunch and then send back what doesn't work since that can take faster not having to go into the store/mall, and most online stores have free returns. Try searching online- ASOS, Target, TJMAXX, Banana Republic Factory, Nordstrom Rack, etc.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 6:36 pm
Some very cheap websites like Haband, Blair, and. Amerimark have tznius clothing and some of it has pockets.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 9:01 pm
I buy clothes all over. The secret is a tailor that can nip and tuck them.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Sep 01 2021, 9:09 pm
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
I don’t wear pockets but I have no problem at all buying and wearing tznius clothing from
Mass merchants (meaning non frum stores) None at all

There are no frum clothing stores in Coral Springs Florida. There are pop up shops and ladies who sell things but even in North Miami Beach, there are not as many stores as in Monsey. Maybe some people shop when they go to NY but the chain stores here do have some tznius clothing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics