Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
RBS Gimmel 2

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 28 2021, 8:07 pm
Can you please share about Ramat Bet Shemesh Gimmel 2?

amother
Stone

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 1:41 am
What do you want to know? It's similar to gimmel 1, slightly less Anglo. Large chassidish population. Some very nice buildings, great shopping area. Easily walkable to alef.

amother
Broom

Post Thu, Sep 02 2021, 3:16 am
Some streets are more mixed. Like Natan and and Devorah and Chulda. Unfortunately seems like it will end up being like Bet in the long run. Whenever police or soldiers have been around there’s children and men gathering and screaming “nazis”.

There’s also been two spray painting incidents and one still hasn’t been removed. The city doesn’t really care I guess. Obviously saying the obvious women mustn’t be tzniyis stuff these people write.

There’s also a lot of construction and have been multiple accidents with children the past few weeks as the city redoes sidewalks and steeets and leaves dangerous materials lying around.

If you are looking to live there for short term, like less than five years it’s quite decent now.

Nissan Black lives there so that’s a plus. His family is the nicest. There’s a Gimmel 2 English speakers nshei with at least 100 women on there. The Merkaz is nice and there’s full access to all kupat Cholims. There’s a supermarket and zisalek a few Makolets, a bank, toy store, Rav Kav office, candy store, a few nut/spices stores, a meat store with really good quality stuff and loads of American products.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 30 2023, 11:50 am
bump

Dolly151

Post Sat, Jun 24 2023, 11:45 am
Bump

amother
Broom

Post Sat, Jun 24 2023, 1:44 pm
No update. It's literally the same.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sat, Jun 24 2023, 2:18 pm
OP what exactly do you want to know? Lot's of bldgs. lot's of families. Streets, cars, shopping. Most apts. are starting at 1.4 million shekel. to buy. Newer areas are coming along. Daled, Hey.

Elfrida

Post Sat, Jun 24 2023, 2:22 pm
amother Lemonchiffon wrote:
OP what exactly do you want to know? Lot's of bldgs. lot's of families. Streets, cars, shopping. Most apts. are starting at 1.4 million shekel. to buy. Newer areas are coming along. Daled, Hey.

The OP was a couple of years ago. Someone bumped it up yesterday, presumably wanting information about the current situation, but she didn't ask anything directly.

Dolly151

Post Sat, Jun 24 2023, 2:40 pm
What type of people live there? Are there working people there also our is it mainly kollel or kollel type?
On another note, are there young families in rbs alef? And if so, in a specific street/area?
We're looking to relocate and my husband wants a community that had working men in it also.
We're a young family with my oldest going into kita alef

amother
Yarrow

Post Sat, Jun 24 2023, 2:50 pm
Dolly151 wrote:
What type of people live there? Are there working people there also our is it mainly kollel or kollel type?
On another note, are there young families in rbs alef? And if so, in a specific street/area?
We're looking to relocate and my husband wants a community that had working men in it also.

Where do you live now
Where also looking for something like that first kid sis a bit younger
Would love to know more about the community

amother
Currant

Post Sat, Jun 24 2023, 8:19 pm
Dolly151 wrote:

Rbs A is huge and a mix. There are young families on every street.

amother
Broom

Post Sat, Jun 24 2023, 11:14 pm
Dolly151 wrote:

Every neighborhood in RBS (besides bet) is really mixed. Depends on the street and clock what type it is. Aleph definitely has young families, so does Gimmel 1 and Daled and Heh. 50% of bet shemesh is under 18.

There's working families in alllll the areas. Are you chareidi BY? What's your budget?

I've been living in RBS for 11 years.

Dolly151

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 12:44 am
We're looking off starting to rent. Husband was in kollel for 4 years and is now working. He doesn't want the pressure of a yeshiva community but wants yeshiva values. Like I don't want my kids watching TV at ppls houses. Mishkafayim is a bit too modern for me.... I want a community with a more yeshivish presence. What would be the right place in rbs?

SG18

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 2:17 am
Gimmel 2 has a lot of young families. Working also.

Reality

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 2:39 am
From my understanding, G2 is more chassidish and G1 is more yeshivish. Of course, there are non- chassidish families who live there. But the feel of the neighborhood is chassidish. It was also built not to be so pretty. A lot of tall buildings and not too many green spaces. Although the best park in the area, Park Yarmut backs the neighborhood.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 2:46 am
Dolly151 wrote:
We're looking off starting to rent. Husband was in kollel for 4 years and is now working. He doesn't want the pressure of a yeshiva community but wants yeshiva values. Like I don't want my kids watching TV at ppls houses. Mishkafayim is a bit too modern for me.... I want a community with a more yeshivish presence. What would be the right place in rbs?

Gimmel 1 (except chavakuk area which is more mixed) and certain areas in Aleph (aleph merkaz, kishon, Luz area and surrounding streets, Micha and Uriah) are all places exactly like that.

Dolly151

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 3:16 am
What do you mean that chavakuk is more mixed? Like what type of people mixed?

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Jun 25 2023, 3:19 am
Dolly151 wrote:
What do you mean that chavakuk is more mixed? Like what type of people mixed?

Like more American JPF/chilled. People who send kids to the schools that aren't BY but aren't dati leumi.

Like their kids might watch frum shows or kids educations shows kind of thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions